DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

I have the same problem with video pixelation, the 2 quick access buttons show as not available, also the aircraft battery status is not shown. I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 - tried a Galaxy S7 with the same new version of Go4 app and the Mavic works perfectly. So it would appear to be some problem with the combination of app and phone.

The DJI Go 4 app requires access to virtually every resource on the mobile device including personal information. I will not ask a friend or relative to load the app
!

Really ? I never knew that

After trying everything I finally got the pixelation problem solved!
It is the app (android in my case) not the firmware. I have an old phone with DJI GO 4 version 4.1.9 (333-gpPhone) installed, so I disconnected the phone's WiFi and data to avoid any update and try it without changing anything else (same RC, same cable, same firmware both mavic and RC) and the image is perfect!
I really hope DJI will fix the app ASAP (does anyone know if it is at possible to reinstall a previous app version?)
DO NOT UPDATE APP TO v4.1.18 (426-googlePlay)

P.S. my old phone (BLU Studio Energy 2) which works perfeclty with the new firmware, has much less resources than my new one, it is not related to phone capabilities

After trying everything I finally got the pixelation problem solved!
It is the app (android in my case) not the firmware. I have an old phone with DJI GO 4 version 4.1.9 (333-gpPhone) installed, so I disconnected the phone's WiFi and data to avoid any update and try it without changing anything else (same RC, same cable, same firmware both mavic and RC) and the image is perfect!
I really hope DJI will fix the app ASAP (does anyone know if it is at possible to reinstall a previous app version?)
DO NOT UPDATE APP TO v4.1.18 (426-googlePlay)

Yeah got apkmirror.com and download the APK
Copy to the phone and install.
You may have to slow install from unknown source to install it.

You searched for DJI - APKMirror

Reactions: Bachi
Uninstalled DJI Go 4 app, re-installed - no change. Video downlink is still non-functional.

Question for Android users that have had success with latest DJI Go 4 (v 4.1.18) and latest firmware (v 01.04.0100) - if you go to Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization, are you able to set the function for buttons C1 and C2? Since I updated the firmware these buttons show as "undefined" and cannot be changed.

Here is what the video downlink looks like after the firmware update. My Mavic is a paper weight until this is resolved.

View attachment 25464
This pixelation is in my view, inexcusable. I have had stuttering in the video feed through both the Go app as well as Litchi. Sad that video transmission providers have ignored a cutting edge technology that has been out there for some time. The technology was developed by programmers at Headplay/Worldplay Communications Inc. The software encoding/decoding system allowed compression of HD video (1080p) to occur over transmission paths of extremely low bandwidth without error, and provided superior quality than could be achieved by any other means. Compression ratios were typically 100:1 with NO quality loss. Just don't know why these people are not all over this. It would be conceivable to stream 4K video to your ground station with no pixelation and no stutter. HELLO DJI. I'm a shareholder in this company, and we are slowly making progress in other arenas, but it is disgusting to see this lack of awareness by so-called techie companies. If anyone has an "in" with DJI, they need to get up to speed on this technology. Using this technology, the video could be fed through even the most primitive of smart phones. I guess ignorance continues to be bliss.

I believe it is indeed the GO app and not the firmware. I updated to 4.1.18 on my Note 4 last nite and went flying today. I'm on 01.04.000 FW. Crazy pixellation; nothing but a mass of garbage through the downlink. Looks just like the pic in post 44. App seemed really slow and unresponsive as well. Only while I was out did I see FW update notification to 01.04.010. Haven't updated yet...

ianc

Yes, this was my experience as well. I'm still on 01.04.0000 firmware and with DJI Go 4.1.18 I was seeing the same garbage video and app unresponsiveness as others. Downgrading to DJI Go 4.1.15 cleared it right up. Needless to say I disabled auto-update for DJI Go going forward.

Reactions: Dragonfly
So I just upgraded and now video is coming through all messed up and intermittent even with it sitting right on the ground before even starting. I think I'm going to be downgrading it.
Yes, I had the same results !! Video completely unacceptable ! I will try to implement any suggestions to fix this, including downgrading both firmware and application if procedures are recommended !!

Any suggestions for the video feed issue? Possibly reload firmware?

Nothing I do helps. DJI goggles were unaffected, working well.. But, my Nexus 7 no longer does. The video and some of the controller set ups do not function. Video appears pixelated (sp) on my Nexus 7. I notice my older phone (an old Note edge) will give good video and allow for proper set-up and also, the Nvidia seems to work okay. I loved that nexus 7 with my TX and fit the mount well. This happened after the last update using another tablet, forget its name but smaller than the Nexus 7 and worked great until the updates of a month ago.

Is DJI doing this on purpose?

Man I wish you guys would stop scaring me like this! Every time I read one of these threads I freak out because I always update immediately when prompted. Then inevitably someone on here has problems... I get nervous until I read the posts and realize that it's almost always guys with old phones. Whew!

My Samsung S8+ works perfectly without issue! Quite frankly, it was a mistake hooking it up because it refocused me on how silly I sometimes feel shelling out approx $700 on a Crystalsky monitor, DJI mount and charger. The display with this phone is awesome! Luckily, I can console myself with how solid the CS package feels in the hand and how quickly it sets up.

Yes, this was my experience as well. I'm still on 01.04.0000 firmware and with DJI Go 4.1.18 I was seeing the same garbage video and app unresponsiveness as others. Downgrading to DJI Go 4.1.15 cleared it right up. Needless to say I disabled auto-update for DJI Go going forward.
I am using firmware 01.04.0100 (latest upgrade) and DJI Go 4.1.18 (also latest version) and it is awful on video and responsiveness ! Do I need to downgrade BOTH firmware and application? (and how can firmware be downgraded? Using Assistant, there are no options for previous versions!) HELP !!!

Just upgraded (latest app and firmware) and I'm happy to say there are no issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

How do I verify which FW is currently on my Mavic?
All I can see is it tells me "Latest Firmware"
GO4 app, general settings (...), scroll to bottom, click on about, should be able to see all versions. (this is for iOS, not sure if Android app works same way.

I also had the same problems with FW 01.04.0000 and Go 4.1.18. Crazy pixelation, extreme lag, and battery status overall voltage was 0 at all times. Tried numerous combinations and the only thing that got me up in the air with no problems at all was downgrade FW to 01.03.1000 (thank God I wasnt on 01.04.0100) via dji assistant and downgrade dji go 4 to 4.1.3 via APK mirror.

3 flights so far, works like a charm. Phone is an LG G3 3GB ram version

Can someone explain to me why so many of the Mavic Updates have had serious problems. Is it that DJI has no system in place to Beta test their firmware updates? I have had my Mavic since January 2017 and only have about 5 or 6 short flights on it. I have not updated it beyond .700 because of all the issues. I also have a first edition Nasa flight controller that has worked fine for me, even after several updates. However, I must admit none is the last year as I have been making a big move to another state.

So what am I to do with the Mavic, sell it before it crashes or flies away and I lose my investment?

Reactions: BerndM
This is the 2nd time this has happened, using a 6" tablet (cheap-No Name) worked until I updated 30 days ago. A cheaper tablet, it worked well until update. So, I purchased a Nexus7. Worked great until I updated all on Friday, 11-24-2917. Now my nexus does not work, either. Heavily pixelated and some set-up functions on the GO4 App can't be set, either..

I got out an older Note 4 "Edge", to work and, it appears the Nvidia K1 works, was not effected.
But that Nexus7 fit so well, worked so well and now does not. DO NOT UPDATE is my advice. It might ground you in certain cases.

You know, I just want to go out and fly but, am scared to death I'll crash but, not due to my flying ability as I have never crashed my Mavic but, due to DJI Updates are killing me and my enjoyment for flying my Mavic Pro which, at this minute, I no longer do or can, safely.

DJI Goggles are also not effected so, now, I will only fly with goggles which breaks some rules, thanks DJI for not QC'ing your updates.

Get a 5th gen iPad and all will be well :) I've never been a fan of using a phone when flying. iOS seems to be more in tune with DJI tech anyway... probably collusion in the market... but who doesn't these days?

So I just upgraded and now video is coming through all messed up and intermittent even with it sitting right on the ground before even starting. I think I'm going to be downgrading it.
I had the same issue with video on Thanksgiving and thought it to be interference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki