DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

Upgraded this weekend. Only did short flight but seemed ok. Pano 180 and vertical worked fine - didn’t get a chance to try the others befor the rain set in.

Sorry , an easy and probably stupid question in this forum where there are many expert people: however very often at every new firmware happen to have problems, and so my question is - it is so important update SO OFTEN at every NEW firmware our drones OR we can decide to update ONLY if we think that is necessary as for esample ,like this time there is a new application very important ( PANO ) but not for me ?
Thank u to know ur opinion.

Last edited:
I have just downgraded the DJI Go 4 app back to 4.1.15 but kept the latest firmware 1.04.0100 and it WORKED !! I use the Samsung S5 and a Galaxy Tab S the same as Norad2000x - haven't tried the tablet yet, but video pixelation and responsiveness issues seem okay after downgrading Go 4 to the older version !!
How do you downgrade your Play store GO 4 App on your S5 to 4.1.15. ? Im still trying to figure that one out. Time to google it.But just in case ....please reply. Till then no flying for me , Same issues as what most are having with the new firmware. It screw my MP up big time

How do you downgrade your Play store GO 4 App on your S5 to 4.1.15. ? Im still trying to figure that one out. Time to google it.But just in case ....please reply. Till then no flying for me , Same issues as what most are having with the new firmware. It screw my MP up big time
Uninstall.
Download 4.1.15 apk from DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
Make sure device settings has "install from unknown sources" enabled.
Run apk.
Done

Edit:: Don't forget to switch off auto-updates for DJI GO 4, if you have it set on, of course! ;)

Last edited:
Uninstall.
Download 4.1.15 apk from DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
Make sure device settings has "install from unknown sources" enabled.
Run apk.
Done

Edit:: Don't forget to switch off auto-updates for DJI GO 4, if you have it set on, of course! ;)
Ozone beat me to it ;o) This is how I did it, don't forget to Uninstall DJI Go4 before you download and install the older version from the APK mirror site !
Dave

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Any suggestions for the video feed issue? Possibly reload firmware?
I learned my lesson about DJI's updates and blindly installing them, more new problems than they ever fix. Factory reset my Mavic back to .400 and still had video feed trash itself recently. Could not fly, so I dumped the Go 4 app and paid for Litchi. Works just fine and a far easier screen with few menus to further confuse and waste time navigating through. The Go 4 app needs a complete overhaul, seriously flawed and highly complicated. DJI needs to listen and learn from its users.

Galaxy Note 8 on Go4 4.1.18, Mavic firmware 01.04.0100, no problems whatsoever. Only had 20 minutes flying but seems like a nice update, have missed the panos since selling my Spark..

PANO0002astitch.jpg

Sorry , an easy and probably stupid question in this forum where there are many expert people: however very often at every new firmware happen to have problems, and so my question is - it is so important update SO OFTEN at every NEW firmware our drones OR we can decide to update ONLY if we think that is necessary as for esample ,like this time there is a new application very important ( PANO ) but not for me ?
Thank u to know ur opinion.
Many of us, who've seen prior fiascos, recommend NEVER upgrading blindly to new versions - wait to make sure it adds something useful and most importantly - doesn't mess things up or prohibit reverting to earlier versions if there are problems. The latest firmware is doing exactly that, and the fixes needed to revert back to earlier firmware haven't been found yet.

I'm flying on firmware .700, will probably move up to .900 or so for goggle improvements, but only with changes made first to avoid the known issues. Someday, I might even be flying 1.04.0100, but not until it's confirmed being cleaned up. And my Mavic never "phones home", never talks to DJI, never uploads a bunch of stuff to unknown Chinese server IP addresses, never gives them flight logs or personal information (did you read about how personal information was just hacked and stolen from their servers?) and always flies offline in airplane mode. There's a reason the US military has banned the purchase of DJI products due to hidden data uploads to unacknowledged recipients in China.

The Chinese communists don't get to be my Drone Police and don't get to know where I'm flying nor hoover other unknown data off my tablet. Not now, not ever.

Last edited:
And the Goober of the week award goes to (drum roll please)......FatherXmas! Stupid gimble protector has been on there so long I plumb forgot about it. All is well now. Thanks for everyone's input and you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving.
Like you I often forgot to remove the cover till someone suggested tying a piece of ribbon to it. There is then no way you can launch with the ribbon dangling. An easy solution. Some say you should fly with the cover on, but I totally disagree. Without it the picture quality is much better and no glare or prop reflections to ruin the shot. It was designed to flown with the cover removed. Crashing with the cover on is not going to save your camera/gimbal assembly.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
Is it safe to install APK from apkmirror.com?
Why would the app request so many weird and potentially dangerous permissions? (see attachments)
Has anyone who has installed it perceived any particular problems with this APK?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (3).jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (2).jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 43
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM (1).jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 45
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 4.40.33 PM.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 45
Like you I often forgot to remove the cover till someone suggested tying a piece of ribbon to it. There is then no way you can launch with the ribbon dangling. An easy solution.
I used to do that, but it kept getting tangled in stuff when storing in my slingbag. So I just painted a dayglo-orange 'eyebrow' on it so it's very hard to miss before takeoff. My cover is one of those with the built-in gimbal lock as well, so I don't have one of those to forget to remove either.

The combo cover is what DJI should ship with; there's no good reason to fly with the dome in place and newbies can cause more problems forgetting to remove the gimbal lock than by flying without a dome.

Ozone beat me to it ;o) This is how I did it, don't forget to Uninstall DJI Go4 before you download and install the older version from the APK mirror site !
Dave
Awesomesause! I downgraded my Go4 App too 4.1.15. And I can see again. No more pixels blurred all over my Galaxy S5 screen. Everything looks spot on again. Can't thank you guys enough. I was getting very frustrated after my Go4 app auto updated and screwed my MP up . No more auto updates for this guy. As a note My M P is running the latest Firmware ,it was the Go4 app that was screwing everything up.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Updated my App and Firmware yesterday. Took awhile to download the update. Update itself after download went fast. Took it out for a quick flight after and no problems all all for me.

Funnily enough my experience is the opposite. I only ha e issues with the S8+ but not my 6S+.

The only reason I still keep my iPhone is purely for the Mavic. I have much more faith in flying with the 6S+ than the S8+

Eh to each their own. I've had zero problems with the S8+ or the Crystalsky. In fact, *knock on wood*, I haven't had any problems of any kind. I always update the app and the firmware when prompted. I have no idea why something works for one guy and not another when everything else is the same.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
I'm new to Drones... only 12 flights, new to DJI, so no way a Fan Boy.

But I have been in IT/SW since 1980...
Given the whole Google/Android eco system I'm surprised there are not more issue...

Google create a generic H/W spec and provide a "vanilla" OS
H/W companies like Samsung Huwaei HTC etc... build H/W
They take the vanilla OS and add there "own" drivers/code to make it work
Then they add a whole load of bloatware and eye candy...

Then if it's a phone they may add "carrier" specific bloatware and eye candy...
Even my own Samsung S7 will occasionally glitch on some HD video, the GPU is under strain.

So by the time these devices get to "us" they are already creaking at the edges...
Given the nature of the GO4 App dealing with "realtime" processing & video it's got a lot to do.

DJI do not have the resources to test every possible variant of device...
So can only test against a sample of "standard" variants...
This accounts for why some devices work, some don't.

Then to add to the complexity... When Google release an Android update, say 6.x to 7.x
The already creaking devices maybe upgraded further based on a "theoretical" it should take the upgrade.

So one day an app that worked fine get's an update that "may" just push it over the edge.

I have seen this all the time with PC's, new OS release PC crashes, H/W limitations.
Updated application, needs more memory, becomes unstable... and so on.

DJI have no control over H/W platform, so they are trying to squeeze their app into "unknown" environment.

I'm not defending DJI, I'm just trying to put some perspective on this.

Also,
Apple/IOS is a whole different eco system that is more clearly controlled/defined and constrained.(Walled Garden)
So developers have a more "known" "target" environment to develop into. So "less" issues crop up.

I have a iPad mini 4 have not issue very working fine , after I read all this , i decided to connect my Samsung s 7 , can’t find go4 app on playstore , so I get apkmirror last verision and work for me.. I did make a short fly no problems at all ... so I wonder if is related to country or company cell carriers am running S7 t-mobile Usa
9959162e1fb80bbe92b40a479f01cb56.jpg

Last edited:
I have a iPad mini 4 have not issue very working fine , after I read all this , i decided to connect my Samsung s 7 , can’t find go4 app on playstore , so I get apkmirror last verision and work for me.. I did make a short fly no problems at all ... so I wonder if is related to country or company cell carriers am running S7 t-mobile Usa
9959162e1fb80bbe92b40a479f01cb56.jpg
yep, I think its a compatibility issue as always and the new Update of the GO4 app V 4.1.18 is the issue . Its not the firmware . All of thats fine. DJI needs to stop doing updates until there tested well and free of bugs. Its called beta. It grounded me for 2 days . Auto update is now turned off on my cell phone you can bet on that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998