DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 4k flight -27ºC - glitches in video

Thanks guys rebooted and connected to iPad and it finished the update. After doing a reboot the controller was no longer linked to the mavic so had to bind them. Thought that was a little weird. This is my first time doing firmwarthis on this unit. Has anyone encountered that before?
Nope not yet, but we will see as others come across the same issue as yours.
I upgraded in one session. No problems on mine.

I updated via DJI Go 4 on android and it seems to have worked fine. I did have some updating issues with DJI Assistant 2 when I first got the mavic.

Please report back on how it works with this new firmware update. It warmed up here to 54F! So my camera seems to be fine in this temp but I'm really curious how it will perform in the cold. I've been having a lot of gimbal vibration issues in the cold weather since day one so I really hope this fixes it.

Trying with DJI Go 4 over android now.... there its stucked downloading at 0% :( connected to WI-FI and 4G
::Edit - Restarted everything, then it starts download the FW

Updated with Assistant, no issues.

I am not going to update at this time... Everything seems to be working pretty well for now, I will wait:)

I don't have my Mavic (yet), but, living in one of the coldest places in the lower 48 (Gunnison CO, where it's - 29 C this AM), it's nice to know that it'll tolerate lower temperatures than it's future owner.
<

Trying with DJI Go 4 over android now.... there its stucked downloading at 0% :( connected to WI-FI and 4G
::Edit - Restarted everything, then it starts download the FW

I had trouble with the Wifi turned on... I disabled it and went only over 4G and it went fine. I don't think you can use Wifi and have the controller on at the same time. It seems the controller interferes with the wifi and really slows it down. I was trying to download the Go app while my remote was on and plugged into my phone and my download took forever. As soon as I turned off the controller, the wifi sped up.

I don't have my Mavic (yet), but, living in one of the coldest places in the lower 48 (Gunnison CO, where it's - 29 C this AM), it's nice to know that it'll tolerate lower temperatures than it's future owner.
<
Hey Geezer I,m just over the little hill in Salida (the warm side) drop me a note @ [email protected] sometime.

Hey Geezer I,m just over the little hill in Salida (the warm side) drop me a note @ .... sometime.

You shouldn't put your email out there like that... there are bots that troll the internet looking for emails for spam purposes. May want to edit your comment.

Merry Christmas everyone!

First flight with the mavic today. -27ºC here. Here's the video:

I put the drone outside and had it acclimatize to the cold, while keeping battery warm inside. The gimbal was excellent in the cold, no vibrations but there is some glitching in the video every once in a while. Anyone know what might be causing this? The cold? Or is it the 4k and my memory card maybe not fast enough?
Beautiful video, although it would be interesting for all of you pilots to. tell us where you're located when shooting, wich state, country, province , curious to find out if it's colder than where I'm located, Quebec Qc, Can. Still waiting for my Mavic Pro ordered since Oct, in the meantime I can use my Typhoon H, unfortunately for now it's too cold. Again congratulation for your video clip keep up the good work!

Beautiful video, although it would be interesting for all of you pilots to. tell us where you're located when shooting, wich state, country, province , curious to find out if it's colder than where I'm located, Quebec Qc, Can. Still waiting for my Mavic Pro ordered since Oct, in the meantime I can use my Typhoon H, unfortunately for now it's too cold. Again congratulation for your video clip keep up the good work!

Located in Alberta Canada, and have been shooting in down to -20 temps. This video was shot in -15C roughly... As well there was high wind warnings almost the entire time this video was being shot as they were roughly 20-30mph and it handled it like a champ!

Reactions: Anthony and EasyV
Merry Christmas everyone!

First flight with the mavic today. -27ºC here. Here's the video:

I put the drone outside and had it acclimatize to the cold, while keeping battery warm inside. The gimbal was excellent in the cold, no vibrations but there is some glitching in the video every once in a while. Anyone know what might be causing this? The cold? Or is it the 4k and my memory card maybe not fast enough?

What a beautiful location you live in ..... also nice drone footage :)

Located in Alberta Canada, and have been shooting in down to -20 temps. This video was shot in -15C roughly... As well there was high wind warnings almost the entire time this video was being shot as they were roughly 20-30mph and it handled it like a champ!

Another beautiful location ...... immensely jealous of you all .... :)

Wow! Nice video and edit. Are you aware that flying a UAV in a National Park is prohibited?

Wow! Nice video and edit. Are you aware that flying a UAV in a National Park is prohibited?

I am but fortunately there is a lot of the Rockies that are not in the parks so:) Man and Drone on youtube has some amazing Parks footage.

Yah, I know. I was expecting to so me and my dog on the 6th Bridge footage.;)
Haha! Busted! To be honest I was unaware when I took it with me but during filming someone informed me, but I felt it would been a waste of footage lol. May as well use what I had! It is a real bummer not to be able to use them in the parks. Did you enjoy your walk? I eagerly anticipate on getting footage this summer in the Shuswap, but I will have to look into BC regulations first.

Haha! Busted! To be honest I was unaware when I took it with me but during filming someone informed me, but I felt it would been a waste of footage lol. May as well use what I had! It is a real bummer not to be able to use them in the parks. Did you enjoy your walk? I eagerly anticipate on getting footage this summer in the Shuswap, but I will have to look into BC regulations first.
LOL. I live in Jasper, currently a Phantom 2 Vision owner with a Mavic arriving Tuesday!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929