DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight with my MA2

KC2LLW

Reactions
Hi All,
Took my first test flight yesterday and up again today. Yesterday's flight was just mainly following the tutorial. But today's flights I got a little braver and flew higher and a little further. The MA2 flew great and is pretty easy to control even with wind gusts of 20mph. Things I learned fast were:
1) Sun makes seeing my phone or Ipad almost impossible.
2) My iPhone 7plus is too small, my IPad mini is better but I feel my full-size IPad will be my go-to device, just waiting on a longer USB C to Lightning cable which should be here tomorrow.
3) The drone is very hard to see in the sky especially on a bright sunny day, although I didn't use the led light I may get some aftermarket anti-collision lights.
I know these all can be cured with a shade screen, sunglasses, and experience. I love my MA2 and it has taken some beautiful videos just on my few test flights This is a perfect choice for my needs. I can't wait to get more flight time and gain more confidence.
Thanks,
Steve

Hi All,
Took my first test flight yesterday and up again today. Yesterday's flight was just mainly following the tutorial. But today's flights I got a little braver and flew higher and a little further. The MA2 flew great and is pretty easy to control even with wind gusts of 20mph. Things I learned fast were:
1) Sun makes seeing my phone or Ipad almost impossible.
2) My iPhone 7plus is too small, my IPad mini is better but I feel my full-size IPad will be my go-to device, just waiting on a longer USB C to Lightning cable which should be here tomorrow.
3) The drone is very hard to see in the sky especially on a bright sunny day, although I didn't use the led light I may get some aftermarket anti-collision lights.
I know these all can be cured with a shade screen, sunglasses, and experience. I love my MA2 and it has taken some beautiful videos just on my few test flights This is a perfect choice for my needs. I can't wait to get more flight time and gain more confidence.
Thanks,
Steve
Well you are easing into it just right, one step at a time is perfect. The more you fly the more coincidence you we'll have in your drone and in your own skills.
A good sun shade can help. I find I'm better off without my polarized sunglasses, regular sunglasses might be fine.
Good luck!

Reactions: Limelight Imaging
I had too much confidence and smacked into a tree. No major damage, just a prop but still. slower, gentle flight, focus on the shot. I'm working on stick control and get a little better every flight.

My iPhone 12 is pretty good even in sun, but I can see the advantage to a sun screen to see just a bit better.

A few people on here have put vinyl wraps on theirs to help visibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure