DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First forum Walkthrough

DroneBeeAZ

Reactions
Hello everyone,
New Air 2 s owner in Phoenix, AZ. Hooked on flying after the first flight.
Drone now registered and have Trust Cert.
Though I'm currently flying for fun, see the advantages of having the 107 cert.
Hope to find like pilots in the area and finding more locations to fly.
Enjoy the skies.

Hello from the Crossroads of America DroneBeeAZ.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

New Air 2 s owner in Phoenix, AZ.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you are considering acquiring your Part 107 License, here is a link to get you going… I took their course and I aced the exam. I've posted the AKT Exam results on the site. You do not need to ace the exam to get your license, only a 70%, but this course ensured I knew the rules, regulations, and all the rest necessary to score high. Employers like to know that a candidate scored high so they can start working them right away without worrying that the newbie will start racking up fines and warning because the barely know the rules…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....Congratulations on your Mavic Air 2s....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safe, Fly...

Employers like to know that a candidate scored high so they can start working them right away without worrying that the newbie will start racking up fines and warning because the barely know the rules…
Really? Potential employers have EVER asked to see someone's 107 score? lol
Sorry, I think you're reaching quite a bit on that one! Either you're licensed/certified, or you're not. There are not varying degrees of licensing/certification based on scores.

I think you're reaching quite a bit on that one!

I am not "reaching" as the high end employers are not looking for the just anyone who spins a fairy tale of their flying exploits. They want quality people, just not any "fly-by-nighter" who manages to pass the certification exam. As I've mentioned earlier, the license for acing the exam is the same license for passing with a 70%. But the knowledge level of the license holder is a world of difference.

Granted, I've not hired any Drone Pilots but as a Computer Software/Network Manager, I've hired a lots of folks who needed certifications and to possess certain qualifications to fill a position and when a candidate with very little experience applied, I used their certifications and even their scores on those exams as qualifiers to indicate if the prospect might be a good gamble. I am also interested in finding out if the candidate even bothered to check on what they might have missed on the exam and did they bother of learn the missed material.

I'm sure not every medical doctor answered every question correctly on their exams either, but I would sure hope they went back and learned the correct answer… Or when you go in for Knee Surgery and you find out that they might have connected your Knee Bone to your "Ham Bone…"

I'm sure in your most generous spirit that if you were looking to hire another drone pilot for your company and a candidate who had just passed the flying requirements in Canada and they told you they already bought a drone to practice flying on would find an immediate position with your company.

I see it this way that if a new drone pilot with limited (or none…) experience applied to "my company," they would need something more than "I'm a fast learner" speech…

As in the old Wendy's Commercial with the old lady asking, "Where's the Beef?" I also would want some "substance" to buck up an empty résumé…

Wheres the Beef.png

You presume to know that "high end" employers (or ANY "employer") EVER asks for the actual mark that a person receives, which is ludicrous.
That said, yes, of course experience counts but not the passing mark on an exam. Your government considers a person HAS the necessary requirements if they hold the 107, period. For what it's worth, here in Canada the passing mark is 80%. Nonetheless, where you get the idea that ANYONE asks for the actual mark achieved is beyond me. It just doesn't happen...at all. You may disagree that "merely" holding the license isn't enough, and you'd have us all believe that a higher mark will serve someone better, but you are just plain wrong. Again, I'm not saying experience doesn't count, because it clearly does.

You've gone into a lengthy "explanation", and in so doing are making MY point, not yours. The mark on the license exam ONLY matters pass or fail. What DOES matter is experience, period. You've already acknowledged that yourself.

Again, what doesn't matter is the mark achieved passing the exam. Save yourself the effort of responding, because your argument is silly, at best.

On an aside, I've held over 40 different IT certifications...yes, 40. Not once have I EVER been asked what mark I got on ANY of those exams.

The bare minimum for commercial work in the US is Part 107. In Canada, there is no commercial/hobby distinction, rather it's in the actual physical use of the drone, and its physical size. Here, we test pilots via a Flight Review... meaning passing the exam isn't sufficient in and of itself, one then has to have an in-person Flight Review performed (which coincidentally I'm qualified to perform) where one has to demonstrate they actually know how to operate the drone safely BEFORE they achieve their full Advanced Certification.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, here in Canada the passing mark is 80%.
Hey, then you are in luck, Caillou is looking for a job… Link shows what his experience will do for you…

caillou.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown