DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First project - Mazatlan, Mexico

elmorro

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I just made my first drone film project, and I would like to hear your thoughts on it. This video was made with more of an "artsy" kind of approach, the music in the video was composed by me and I wanted to showcase some well known locations of my hometown while at the same time using it as a way to promote my music.

Basically I'm looking for criticism on the overall format of the video, if you think people would like it as it is in terms of edition, clip length, etc., but also on technique, lightning, and just general feedback or ideas on what could be changed.

Hope you'll like it!

I just made my first drone film project, and I would like to hear your thoughts on it. This video was made with more of an "artsy" kind of approach, the music in the video was composed by me and I wanted to showcase some well known locations of my hometown while at the same time using it as a way to promote my music.

Basically I'm looking for criticism on the overall format of the video, if you think people would like it as it is in terms of edition, clip length, etc., but also on technique, lightning, and just general feedback or ideas on what could be changed.

Hope you'll like it!
hola elmorro,
there is nothing to criticise especially that it is the first video! You have the feeling for smooth shots and they are not too long, just right ? You live in a fantastic region! The music fits also with the images!
The only shot I would remove is the one at 1.10 The beginning of the shot is a little bit too bright/ overexposed.
Piropo, bien hecho hombre ??
saludos de Pablo

A very good video.

I think the surfing clips were a little overused though, especially the later ones where the surf was choppy/poor. I got the impression that you used them as “filler”, only because you ran out of other B-roll footage.

Loved your video but bittersweet for me seeing the changes since my first visit to Mazaltlan in 1962 when I stayed at the DeSima..The nicest hotel in town. In those days it was right next to the aeropuerto. The DeSima is still there but the fabulous new hotels have long since replaced the old aeropuerto.
Beautiful area...beautiful video!

Hello everyone,

Hope you'll like it!

Great job, wonderful content, editing was spot on and the music was very nice. I can’t pick anything that I would critique really. Again, great job!

Reactions: elmorro
Loved your video but bittersweet for me seeing the changes since my first visit to Mazaltlan in 1962 when I stayed at the DeSima..The nicest hotel in town. In those days it was right next to the aeropuerto. The DeSima is still there but the fabulous new hotels have long since replaced the old aeropuerto.
Beautiful area...beautiful video!

That's funny, the De Cima is actually my family's hotel lol. Small world...thanks for the comments!

Reactions: Howard70
A very good video.

I think the surfing clips were a little overused though, especially the later ones where the surf was choppy/poor. I got the impression that you used them as “filler”, only because you ran out of other B-roll footage.
Yeah, I agree with you on that, I didn't want it to look like a surf video but I guess since me and my friend who co-wrote the music are into surfing it was kind of natural that it came out like that. Thanks for the comments!

hola elmorro,
there is nothing to criticise especially that it is the first video! You have the feeling for smooth shots and they are not too long, just right ? You live in a fantastic region! The music fits also with the images!
The only shot I would remove is the one at 1.10 The beginning of the shot is a little bit too bright/ overexposed.
Piropo, bien hecho hombre ??
saludos de Pablo
Yeah, I agree, when I was editing the video I thought the same thing but for some reason actually ended up liking the clip in the end so I left it in there...gracias por los comentarios!

That's funny, the De Cima is actually my family's hotel lol.
What a small world. Actually I stayed there quite a few times..but then I got busy and didn't visit Mazatlan for many years. I was there a couple of years ago on a cruise and took a taxi to see if it was still there..it was ..looking much like it had. I was happy to see it. (I knew it didn't look right how I spelled it)

Hello everyone,

Hope you'll like it!

Myself, I liked
Hello everyone,

Hope you'll like it!

I liked the music, I think the video clips should of been a been longer. Sentry was very nice. Take care and be safe.

Yeah, I agree, when I was editing the video I thought the same thing but for some reason actually ended up liking the clip in the end so I left it in there...gracias por los comentarios!
De nada Elmorro ?? If for you it´s ok with the mentionned clip, no problem ??

What a small world. Actually I stayed there quite a few times..but then I got busy and didn't visit Mazatlan for many years. I was there a couple of years ago on a cruise and took a taxi to see if it was still there..it was ..looking much like it had. I was happy to see it. (I knew it didn't look right how I spelled it)

Yeah, it's still here. Probably not that different from when you used to stay there, I guess you'll have to come back someday and see for yourself!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Great Video elmorro, everything looks good nothing to change in my view, oh and whnever hiflier201 goes back to your families' hotel you should give him a couple of complementary free days ;)

Pretty good! In general, the color grading could be a bit better, bringing a bit more "life" to the shots. Also, keep an eye on your exposure. There are a number of shots that are either over-exposed or have blown out highlights that could have been retained. Definitely good for a first project though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15