DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time in Australia & brought Mavic :) Advice on places, please.

dancreator

Reactions
Hi,
I'm from Argentina and this is my first time in Australia. We just arrived with my wife and the mavic ;)
We will be staying in Sydney for 4 days and then do a road trip to the Golden Coast.
Any advice, tips on places where I could fly in Sydney and along the way? I've had my mavic for 6 months now and after my first crash (second flight! Low battery and then home returned, which was like 30 meters from where I was but was surrounded by trees and it got stuck) I have been extra careful since then, reading a lot and watching tons of videos. Fortunately no more crashes.
We will also be visiting the Blue Mountains, I assume flying there is not allowed right?
Thanks, everybody!

Hi,
I'm from Argentina and this is my first time in Australia. We just arrived with my wife and the mavic ;)
We will be staying in Sydney for 4 days and then do a road trip to the Golden Coast.
Any advice, tips on places where I could fly in Sydney and along the way? I've had my mavic for 6 months now and after my first crash (second flight! Low battery and then home returned, which was like 30 meters from where I was but was surrounded by trees and it got stuck) I have been extra careful since then, reading a lot and watching tons of videos. Fortunately no more crashes.
We will also be visiting the Blue Mountains, I assume flying there is not allowed right?
Thanks, everybody!

Here's the link to both the android and iOS version. It also includes controlled airspace which you can still fly in but following the guidelines of the aviation authority.

Can I fly there? - Drone safety app | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

Thanks guys! I couldn't download the android app because it says it's not available in my country. It seems it recognizes where you set up your phone account. In any case I used the DJI No Fly Zone Map, read about the local restrictions and just used commoen sense.
I had a great time in Australia. People are very friendly and cosmopolitan. We'll come back for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada