Join Us Now

Air 2s First Waypoint Based Hyperlapse

karlblessing

Gerbil Charmer Extraordinaire
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
karlblessing.com
Tried to do a waypoint based hyperlapse for the first time. Didn't quite go the way I expected especially since I had to trim some stops at the end to keep it within 20 minutes of recording time. It seems to do ok for longer A to B points, but trying to do something more subtle like rotation in place or change in gimble angle without going too far, doesn't quite kick in as expected on the waypoint generation.

Since it was very slow moving and the end result battery was expected to be about 20%, I just walked under the drone the whole time so that I could just land it near the end rather than taking it back to the home point.

Guess I need to do broader points and string together some others separately.

That was AWESOME! The lighting and cars along with it speeded up really impressive. I've never tried it.

By the way I don't use what the DJI Fly app saves, but rather I pull the DNG raw files it saves into Davinci Resolve Studio and just drop them onto the timeline which automatically sees it as a sequence. I do my adjustments and such in the color tab, some noise reduction if needed , zoom as needed (since it's 8K resolution almost from the raw files).

After all that, I tend to decrease the clip speed to 50% (making it 12fps instead of 24fps), then the retiming mode is set to Optical Flow, Speed Warp method, that helps bridge the gap between frames a little better. Though there are small oddities in its prediction such as near the end where the car headlights hit the ground, it sort of wiggles there.

Very, very nice. The music is very well matched too. Where do you get your music clips from?

Very, very nice. The music is very well matched too. Where do you get your music clips from?
I currently been browsing thru an EpicSounds personal trial, similar to using something like Envato elements they have a duration slider, but also I can browse by mood etc.

I had 5 different tracks stacked and would just flip thru them playing it back til I had something that seemed to work best. There was two others that could have worked well, but this one had closer to a Christmas festive feel than the others.

Reactions: paparatzy
Very nice, Actually, you could have decreased you f-stop just a big. The overall video might have been a tad darker but there may have been more details in the lights...just for future reference.

Very nice, Actually, you could have decreased you f-stop just a big. The overall video might have been a tad darker but there may have been more details in the lights...just for future reference.
Air 2s has a fixed 2.8 aperture

Edit : this is one of the dng frames exported from Snapseed.

HYPERLAPSE_0600-01.jpeg

Ahhh. Decrease ISO?
Thought you might find this interesting. Now course the highlights are already clipped in the raw files so course there's no recovering that without reshooting, but this shows the original untouched raw sequence in the upper right (at the intended 24fps that the DJI app would generate) with a different edit on the main screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde