DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed Wing Mode

MavicMoira

Reactions
I updated my MP today and saw a reference to the Fixed Wing Mode, referring me to the manual 1.6 but I can find no reference to it there nor any useful information on the Internet. Dose anyone know what this is?

Thanks msinger I just noticed the .600 update thread. I had thought I was updating to .550!

Having said that, the mode does not appear in the DJI Go4 app - I have version 4.06 and it is the latest appearing in the store.

Thanks msinger I just noticed the .600 update thread. I had thought I was updating to .550!

Having said that, the mode does not appear in the DJI Go4 app - I have version 4.06 and it is the latest appearing in the store.

DJI GO4 should be version 4.07. It's not on app store yet...but will be soon...i hope.

Reactions: MavicMoira
What is the application for this mode?
Is it just for fun? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

What is the application for this mode?
Is it just for fun? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
I thought it was for smoother filming, kind of a cross between "headless mode" and "tripod mode." Just my quick thought.

Reactions: Mavicjon999
I tried to get a feeling of the fixed-wing mode in the simulator but does not seem to be working, I click C1 and it enters and exit immediately, I'm on Android. has anybody got it working in the simulator?

Reactions: davmcw
I tried to get a feeling of the fixed-wing mode in the simulator but does not seem to be working, I click C1 and it enters and exit immediately, I'm on Android. has anybody got it working in the simulator?

I was out flying earlier and had the same thing happened repeatedly. Upgrade seems to have all the characteristics of dji products...

Reactions: anhtu402
I'm confused I did the update on the app and the 1.6 manual is not in there it still says 1.4? And my app is current 4.07.... I'm kinda confused on This fixed wing mode and wanted to read up on it? Where did you find the the 1.6 manual ?

I'm confused I did the update on the app and the 1.6 manual is not in there it still says 1.4? And my app is current 4.07.... I'm kinda confused on This fixed wing mode and wanted to read up on it? Where did you find the the 1.6 manual ?

1. Don't allow yourself to be confused between
the Firmware version for the Aircraft and Controller,
and the different version number for the GO 4 App (this will also differ between Apple and Android versions),
and the version number for the Manual.
Note that the Firmware Release Notes do not have a version number, just a date of release (file date), as the Release Notes cover all versions of the Firmware.

The Manuals, and Release notes, are found on the DJI Downloads page (which you should Bookmark in your Browser). Assistant software will also be found on this page. Scroll down below the Specs section.
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Regards

Reactions: robelee
As said you can download the manual from from DJI's page.

However you are right @SoapyGolem, the academy section in the DJI Go 4 app still lists v1.4. That's even when using the totally new app... I guess they didn't update all their servers yet.

... I guess they didn't update all their servers yet.

How right you are, we must be treading on their heels.
After posting above I went to the Play Store (Android) and the GO app hadn't been updated.
I used my existing version to check the settings in the aircraft, finding as expected that some had changed during the Firmware upgrade.
When I exited the GO 4 app I was advised a new version was available, did I want it?
I said yes, so it's being installed, after which I will have to check 'what's new'.

It will be past time for my mid morning cuppa before I get to spin the props!!

Regards

I really hope that it means when you push the stick forward or back it actually changes the attitude of the aircraft so that it can descend on a slope and not just throttle up and down to change the height.

Will it loop? Lol

I still don't get what the fixed wing application is. Fun flying?
If it is to fly like a plane... why not make the stick mimic a plane (push forward to go down, pull back to go up).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie