DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight and distance limited because "Account Not Logged In"

Heavydpj

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I have a job in a place where there's no internet connection. I do all my checks at home - latest firmware, updates, etc. All is good before I leave home.
I get to the location in the Solomon Islands, put everything together to launch and I get ..."Account not logged in" distance and altitude limited, altitude and distance limited to 30 and 50m.
WTF? I got around the distance by resetting the home point, but still ...
Has anyone else run into this? Is there a workaround?
I can't log in at the hotel because it requires authentication via a website after login.

So I have a job in a place where there's no internet connection. I do all my checks at home - latest firmware, updates, etc. All is good before I leave home.
I get to the location in the Solomon Islands, put everything together to launch and I get ..."Account not logged in" distance and altitude limited, altitude and distance limited to 30 and 50m.
I can't log in at the hotel because it requires authentication via a website after login.
Yes, I've had that using a new phone. I don't know why you can't do it at your hotel.

I don't understand this statement:

"I can't log in at the hotel because it requires authentication via a website after login."

Do you have a mobile phone signal at this location? If so, tether the drone to it using hotspot. I've read similar threads and I think you'll find this is all about RID transmission, it looks like DJI loves your wallet, but doesn't respect your rights to fly responsibly without the Nanny State being able to monitor everything you do, so: no real-time RID transmission equals your drone being put in kiddies toy mode whether you like it or not.

I got around the distance by resetting the home point
Any interesting idea but be wary of it, a loss of signal could cause the drone to return to somewhere inappropriate.
I assume the return trip would also involve multiple home point resets, did it?

If so, it might be an idea to experiment to see if the home point can be reset to farther away than from the drone than 50m.

THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT DJI MUST FIX. We all do not have the luxury to pickup our camera gear after getting this message and go search for internet in remote areas where there is none. I constantly get "ACCOUNT NOT LOGGED IN" on Mavic 3 CINE with RC PRO Controller. It is an Intermittent issue and NOT every an 30 days requirement to log in to internet as DJI states.This error cripples flying the drone with ridiculous limitations of 30m ht /50m radius. Why are we now required to have internet and login??!! Well in the Arctic, Himalayas and elsewhere where we film there is NO INTERNET. Tethering my phone does nothing unless there is an available cellular network. DJI needs to fix this issue. We constantly have to bring a Mavic 2 Pro as a backup because it DOES NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE. DJI NEEDS to FIX THIS ASAP. Spend over 5000.00 on a drone that is useless is not my idea of a dependable product. DJI IS A FRUSTRATING ENTITY AT TIMES AND MAINLY WITH ISSUES AS RIDICULOUS AS THIS ONE. Time to look at AUTEL.

Do you have a mobile phone signal at this location? If so, tether the drone to it using hotspot. I've read similar threads and I think you'll find this is all about RID transmission, it looks like DJI loves your wallet, but doesn't respect your rights to fly responsibly without the Nanny State being able to monitor everything you do, so: no real-time RID transmission equals your drone being put in kiddies toy mode whether you like it or not.
I hate to be so ignorant but what does RID stand for as in RID transmission? ( I imagine it is radio identification?? )

THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT DJI MUST FIX. We all do not have the luxury to pickup our camera gear after getting this message and go search for internet in remote areas where there is none. I constantly get "ACCOUNT NOT LOGGED IN" on Mavic 3 CINE with RC PRO Controller. It is an Intermittent issue and NOT every an 30 days requirement to log in to internet as DJI states.This error cripples flying the drone with ridiculous limitations of 30m ht /50m radius. Why are we now required to have internet and login??!! Well in the Arctic, Himalayas and elsewhere where we film there is NO INTERNET. Tethering my phone does nothing unless there is an available cellular network. DJI needs to fix this issue. We constantly have to bring a Mavic 2 Pro as a backup because it DOES NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE. DJI NEEDS to FIX THIS ASAP. Spend over 5000.00 on a drone that is useless is not my idea of a dependable product. DJI IS A FRUSTRATING ENTITY AT TIMES AND MAINLY WITH ISSUES AS RIDICULOUS AS THIS ONE. Time to look at AUTEL.

This, 100% this. I was expecting to use my Cine on a job where I was on a 12,100 foot mountain pass with no cell signal. I got the stupid message and had to shut it down and use my EVOII Enterprise. There is no excuse for this crap, it makes it hard to rely on these devices for jobs.

Reactions: Torque
Yep , one of the those updates knocked me out also on location , its a hassle but doable with the hot spot using the phone but if I was on a mountain , not so good

Gear to fly in the Rain.. Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Yep , one of the those updates knocked me out also on location , its a hassle but doable with the hot spot using the phone but it I was on a mountain , not so good

Gear to fly in the Rain.. Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org
I live at 8,000 feet in the Central Colorado Rockies, cell service goes bye-bye in short order in most places I fly.

I think now that I am very aware of the possible negative issues of an update I can avoid some of these issues and having a back up drone can help with that as well. That Evo 2 is good back up drone for this and geo locations as well. Sadly DJI has a weak spot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I hate to be so ignorant but what does RID stand for as in RID transmission? ( I imagine it is radio identification?? )
We were all new to the regulatory world at some point - no worries!

RID is one of the hotter topics these days. It is an acronym for Remote ID. As of sometime around now (?) in the USA all newly manufactured drones need to support it natively.

As of Sept. 16 2023 all US flyers of drones that require registration are to update our FAA registrations to include our RID serial number and to be broadcasting the signal during operations.

If we’re flying a reg-required drone that doesn’t natively support RID we’re supposed to add an external RID Broadcast Module.

Notes:
There are exceptions for operations at FRIAs:

There is an exception for non-registered drones (under 250g) for Recreational Operations:

See the list of currently compliant drones with native RID, more are being added:

Everything RID:

Reactions: 13_Dragons
Interesting. Ive flown my Cine 3 with RC Pro for over a year on 175+ flights and never had this error. I also do not connect my RC Pro to a hotspot.

Interesting. Ive flown my Cine 3 with RC Pro for over a year on 175+ flights and never had this error. I also do not connect my RC Pro to a hotspot.
I started having it happen after I did the FW update that gave us cruise control, super slow mode, etc.

I started having it happen after I did the FW update that gave us cruise control, super slow mode, etc.
I'm fully updated on FWs. I took two weeks off from flying, just fired up the drone and RC to update FW to the latest since I plan to fly this weekend, and it was still logged into my account. I don't remember the last time I logged into my account from the RC. It's just always logged in.

I'm fully updated on FWs. I took two weeks off from flying, just fired up the drone and RC to update FW to the latest since I plan to fly this weekend, and it was still logged into my account. I don't remember the last time I logged into my account from the RC. It's just always logged in.
Maybe it just has to do with those of us who fly a lot in remote areas with no cell service.

Either way I hope it gets cleared up, it’s a serious show stopper on jobs and I always have my EVOII Enterprise with me now because of it.

So I have a job in a place where there's no internet connection. I do all my checks at home - latest firmware, updates, etc. All is good before I leave home. Nox Vidmate VLC
Yes, I've had that using a new phone. I don't know why you can't do it at your hotel.

Last edited:
Even worse!

I get this message on my Mini 2, which basically negates the purpose of getting one to begin with??

Even worse!

I get this message on my Mini 2, which basically negates the purpose of getting one to begin with??
You have to log in to your DJI account on any DJI drone to be able to get past the altitude and distance limits. It's part of the normal setup procedure.

I have noticed that I occasionally have to log in again, though I can't connect it with software or firmware updates. It may be required every x days or after a prolonged time period without flying the drone. Perhaps someone has some information on why a login is required from time to time?

It's probably a good idea when preparing to fly in a remote area without internet to log out and long in to your DJI account before traveling.

Reactions: Torque and shb
I had this happen because it turned out I wasn't logged into my DJI acct on my phone, an Android phone. Not sure why the app logged me out, instead of keeping me logged in. On my other phone, an iphone, I do not get logged out. Once I log in I stay logged in on the app. Why the difference?

I was out in nature, in a place with no wifi and no cell signal, so I was unable to log into my acct on DJI...hence...was unable to fly more than about 150 ft. Very disappointing!

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ