DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.2.2 Adds Attitude Indicator

Anybody else have the bobbling camera when you suddenly or rapidly slowing down. I had some intermittent bobbling for the first time yesterday in cold weather (~22F). This was with version 1.2.1 (previous version). I updated to 1.2.2 last night and just took a quick flight this morning (air temp 20F) and NO bobbling so far. I have seen other people reporting this and hopefully the "Fixes" part addresses this issue.

PS New Attitude indicator is no replacement for the former Aircraft Orientation indicator. It's bad and I'll try posting a video later tonight to show what I mean.

Reactions: A.O.
If this was on Playstore, I would just go to the DJI Fly App, click the update button and it installs automatically. All done in two steps.

If I have to go to the DJI website, then I have to go through a lot of their buttons before getting to the download page and the app. Then after downloading, I have to do more steps to allow their APK to be installed on my phone as it is not a "trusted source" or it is an unknown source. And after installing, I need to go back to my files and delete that APK file (all 280+mb) so that I can free precious space on my phone.

This is what I meant that it would have been easier to just post the update on the Playstore ;)
And all of that probably would have taken less time than it took to type the reasons for not wanting to do it. But, to each his own.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Thanks for the video. Is there a reason the Pilot’ position is located at the top of the circle pointing down versus it being located at the bottom pointing up in the direction the Pilot is looking? Having a hard time with orientation.
The video here is not the same as the one on the DJI FLY app, it works completely differently

The Pilot's position should be the center of the circle. A line drawn from the center to the arrow at the top represents the direction the pilot/controller is facing. The arrow stays at the top.
That is not correct on the new fly , that is with the go app.

Who says DJI didn't put it in the Play store?
They had the iOS version as 1.2.2 on their site before they had it for Android. It was still 1.2.1 yesterday or the day before.

Then when they do upload it to Play, it takes some time for Google to distribute it where everyone gets it. Some will see it before others.

If you do manually install it from download, future updates might not show up in Play for you any longer.

DJI has released version 1.1.2 which includes the new "Attitude Indicator". I have not received the update yet, so I can't comment on it. For those who have it now or in the future, is this a worth wild addition or just more screen clutter?

View attachment 119966
I got some use from the Attitude indicator in the Mavic Pro. It gives you a nice and accurate indication of the actual wind direction. Rotate the drone until it shows the maximum nose-down tilt on the AI. It is now pointed directly into the wind. Safety is higher when flying in this direction. Groundspeed is lower and if battery gets low, you will have a safety margin in flying home. Opposites are true when flying in the other direction.

You can also estimate the wind speed by watching the speed readout. Fly full stick- forward into the wind and notice the speed that it settles at. Fly full speed on the reverse heading and note the speed. Difference between the two divided by two is the wind speed.

Reactions: varandis
I haven't seen this this yet for Android and I just went out check and still on 1.2.1 with no update in the store for a s20 ultra.

I looked at the 1.2.2 on my iPad. There's pros and cons in having the AC in the center and everything revolving around it. It would be nice if you could switch what is in center: AC, RC, or HP.

If you want to have the orientation from. Your perspective, use the map in thumbnail with map orientation in heads up as opposed to north up.

I found a couple additional changes to app. You can now click on RC and sat icons to get more details about them, similar to what you get clicking on battery icon.

I found a bug with iOS in that if you lose app to RC connection it puts up a dialog claiming it lost AC connection and so RTH will engage in x seconds, even though the AC to RC has been intact the whole time. Not sure if this is specific to 1.2.2 or also did that with earlier versions in iOS as I usually fly with my S3 tablet and that's still 1.2.1.

This may be why some have said they lost AC video connection but could still operate the gimbal.

It usually takes few days for Apple/Google to approve updates for applications in their App Stores, so that's why the app is available from DJI's website sooner.
Also at least for the popular apps, Apple/Google won't offer automatic update for everybody at the same time to avoid overloading their servers, so for one certain update is offered today, but for another person (or another country) only tomorrow. However when you manually check for updates in the store, you will be able to see the update immediately.

This update sucks. I don't know exactly where to point my controller anymore. It shows position relative to home but I need to be able to know exactly where to point my alientech antenna

Last edited:
This update sucks. I don't know exactly where to point my controller anymore. It shows position relative to home but I need to be able to know exactly where to point my alientech antenna
I created a new post to discuss and I created a video to show how you can have the same functionality as the Aircraft Orientation indicator.

Just a quick 'heads up'
Besides the 1.2.2 update, there was also a security? update?.
And for those with the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A 8", it too has a Samsung update :)
Oh and has anyone found the extra programmable button add-on selections??.
I'm enjoying this community heaps. Merry New Year to each of you. Trusting you all enjoyed time with friends and family, and got lots of goodies from Santa! :)

Hi Pappy,
Yes that button. When I first purchased my air 2 earlier this year it (the manual?) showed three potential program choices, although I could only get two to show (aux led & gimbal). I will have a look in the morning to see if the option list has been added to. Thanks for your post. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming