DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App..MA2 and Mini owners..any topic.

"Speedy"

Reactions
I haven't gotten a single compass error and live with a really bad magnetic field. My other DJI's give them immediatly if turned on here, either way I calibrate pre-flight but just wanted to know if anyone could offer some insight. I'm new to the Fly app and wouldn't want lose this drone over some small mistake.
Also the latest update added GPS interference, I thought it was MC signal when I started getting the warnings, but pretty certain it's that GPS added in the update. I have the error codes for both I'll post a photo.
Thanks!
@crosswired thanks for the help!

Attachments

• kltyuil.jpg
    kltyuil.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 22
I haven't gotten a single compass error and live with a really bad magnetic field.
My other DJI's give them immediatly if turned on here, either way
I calibrate pre-flight but just wanted to know if anyone could offer some insight. I'm new to the Fly app and wouldn't want lose this drone over some small mistake.
What do you mean about living with a bad magnetic field?
Maybe you are powering your drones on in the wrong spot if they always show a compass error?
Why do you recalibrate the compass each flight?
It's completely unnecessary and won't do a thing to make your flights safer.
Also the latest update added GPS interference,
I thought it was MC signal when I started getting the warnings, but pretty certain it's that GPS added in the update. I have the error codes for both I'll post a photo.
GPS added in update ???
There's nothing there about GPS interference (there's no such thing as GPS interference)
The warning was telling you that there was wifi interference in the local area, which is normal and expected flying in an urban environment.

Let me correct that, weak signal I'd seen in a prior version of the Fly app had the feature to disable takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient was also added. Now the feature can be disabled manually but where is that? What I read was saying an addition or improved warning notification. Another problem I saw..Fly was recording a Home Point but yet; one would not be able to return to the Home Point if the GPS signal became weak or unavailable at that time The Mini. Yes I do power up to check or change settings in places that are severe with a low battery that's getting charged after and packed in my gear when I'm getting out. I do the calibration once when I get all set up. Not every flight. It's not an urban environment @Meta4 it's different. I'm going on near 70 hrs without sleep so maybe I can get time off to go fly. If I do, I'll power up mine anywhere I **** well please. Not getting a compass error during a functions check here ain't right. Other than that it's actually workin' great. I read something saying over half of the Minis sold ended up back at DJI for refunds or a trade up. I didn't use that app so I can't say this ones a huge improvement. I appreciate your concern for my wording, I'm a bit out of it. Still unsure if it applies to the MA2. Saw something here maybe people will appreciate..I'll see if I can find it.

So then I saw this but it's pilot error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan