DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App overlay / Green Screen Overlay

scott492010

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
While Continuing to fail to get dashware to work i have been watching every youtube video on the subject. In one of the video i was reading thru the comments and one gentlemen asked why people do not record the screen on their phone/tablet and use the overlay of the DJI FLY APP by making it green screen and overlaying that recorded video over the video from the drone? Some one actually it replied that this is possible and there is no reason you couldnt be doing that. Meanwhile, i have not been able to figure out which video on youtube that was having watched god knows how many. I am curious if anybody else has done such a thing and if so... how do you do it?

I haven't tried it, but it should work using video software that has the Picture In Picture (pip) option.

Capture the screen telemetry during the flight via AZ Screen Recorder - Apps on Google Play

Or the on board recording with the Apples.

During the editing process, you could lay the good footage from the SD Card in a slightly smaller box on top of the screen captured content of the telemetry displayed on the edges.

It's just a thought that may be a work around the situation of dashware not working for you. 🤔

that could definately be done but would be totally worthless to me. i already record with az screen recorder for backup in case i forget to hit record...which sadly i have done multiple times in the past.

once again this guy in the comments of this video was talking about some how making the screen recordings into a green screen. thats more what i am aiming for. to put a 4k video inside a less than 1080p video seems ridiculous to me. Doesnt register in my brain.

Reactions: MA2 317
While Continuing to fail to get dashware to work i have been watching every youtube video on the subject. In one of the video i was reading thru the comments and one gentlemen asked why people do not record the screen on their phone/tablet and use the overlay of the DJI FLY APP by making it green screen and overlaying that recorded video over the video from the drone? Some one actually it replied that this is possible and there is no reason you couldnt be doing that. Meanwhile, i have not been able to figure out which video on youtube that was having watched god knows how many. I am curious if anybody else has done such a thing and if so... how do you do it?
Okay my first question is which drone are you trying to get dashware to work with? Second question are you using the CSV files from airdata?

If so can you up load a video with the telemetry data someplace so I can play with it to see if I can get it to work?

Okay my first question is which drone are you trying to get dashware to work with? Second question are you using the CSV files from airdata?

If so can you up load a video with the telemetry data someplace so I can play with it to see if I can get it to work?
first of all ... i can not use csv file from airdata. The airdata file is one individual file. On my SD card I have multiple videos with .SRT files.

I have tried using dashware to merge all the videos thinking i would go that route...but since all these problems began appearing those merged videos make my video editing software hang and freeze making it **** near impossible to edit the "merged video". Since i have never been able to do it i am not even sure a csv file from airdata would sync up to a merged video.

While i am not sure how i would be able to share these large files i am willing to use "quick assist ". giving you control of my pc....

Hi. I'm the developer of Telemetry Overlay, which you might have encountered on YouTube while searching about this topic.

The workflow I recommend is explained in this tutorial. You can use both the video subtitles and the AirData CSV files, which will sync automatically to the video if the right settings are chosen (not always the same for all DJI models and firmware versions):

You can test this with the trial version here: Telemetry Overlay (trial) | Download and test Telemetry Overlay for free

Note: Normally you shouldn't merge non-consecutive video files. That will break sync with the external CSV data. You can do that later in a video editor or from the Export Queue within Telemetry Overlay

If you prefer free options, you might want to convert your subtitle logs to GPX with this tool I made. Free options like Dashware and Virb Edit should read them correctly: DJI SRT Flight Data Viewer and Converter

If your subtitle data is embedded in the video files, you can extract it to SRT first with this other tool: Subtitle Extractor for DJI Drones

About the green screen, I don't think you can do that easily, unless you can replace the video feed from the drone with a green background, in the DJI app itself, before you record the screen.

Let me know if you need more help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga