DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly-Less in stock at Best Buy

Me too! Also got follow up email from DJI on my Fly More Combo order thru NewEgg and they said it should ship within this week. So I went from nothing to possibly 3 in a matter of days!

Its people that act like you that are holding everyone else's order up for the holidays. Please keep that in mind next time.

Thanks Mate.

Why is everyone so impatient and ordering multiple Mavics? You are the ones helping create the shortage. I placed one order and waited. Got it the other day.

Reactions: playboz
Agreed with all and I would have been more patient...but it is for my kid for Christmas and you all know how that is. I had no intention on multiple orders just wanted to make sure that he wasn't disappointed.

Why is everyone so impatient and ordering multiple Mavics? You are the ones helping create the shortage. I placed one order and waited. Got it the other day.

I think some of this speaks to the apparent unfairness of it all...Someone pre-orders from DJI direct the first week it was announced and then doesn't hear anything for months, while someone else clicks on bestbuy and gets 10 in 2 days...

There are the people who bounce around from retailer to retailer canceling orders and still having them ship, while other people stick with one person and have no progress.

Tomorrow my Newegg order will be 10 business days old...I am really tempted to setup an auto-notification at bestbuy and get it there...Canceling my order at Newegg, but that would make 2 times I have switched vendors...(Cancelled an earlier Amazon prime order.) I guess I'll wait until the middle of next week before I do anything.

Best of luck to you guys.

DB

Yes DB.....not to mention the price gouging on Craigslist ...although the person I bought from was just covering his increased purchase as I will try to do as well...but just to cover my additional expense ...not to profit. I have never seen anything like this before. All I wanted to do was buy a Christmas gift for my kid and have been caught up in this insanity. Well ...good luck to everyone....and Merry Christmas !!!

Reactions: Bobaloo

The tactic of ordering multiple Mavic's a few weeks ago was due to the unreliable supply chain and orders coming in fits and spurts from various places. Doing it now makes zero sense. These things are appearing everywhere and folks buying now are getting them by Christmas. Us poor impatient's that orders at the beginning of October got Mavic fever and started chasing where we were seeing items shipped from. I ordered from DJI on 10/6 with an infinity ship date, on 11/22 from Best Buy for a 12/31 ship date and from apple.ca on 11/24 for a 1/31 ship date. The DJI and Apple orders shipped the same day on 12/12 and I quickly cancelled the Best Buy. Apple had no problem cancelling as people were lining up for them. Within three weeks the are in stock and shipping today. I am chuckling at those that have the units on eBay jacked way up for Christmas fever and enjoying seeing those paying the list price and getting them in time.

It was quite the spectacle.

I wanted to get one for my son for Christmas period.....but didn't want to pay the silly prices on eBay. I ordered my first one on 11/25 (Black Friday) direct from DJI but the estimated ship date was around the end of January which is after Christmas and also my son's birthday. So I did my homework and searched the internet far and wide and saw were people were getting lucky at Apple and then that dried up, then heard about NewEgg so I placed order on 12/05 hoping I might get it before Christmas or at least before his birthday. I then saw people catching them available on Best Buy online and getting them 2 days later so I watched for 7 days until I eventually caught it and decided to order 2 of them because I have a co-worker who was on the fence about getting one too. I now have my first BB fly less kit wrapped up under the tree (oh so how I wanted to open the box and at least hold it but I didn't even break the seal on the box.....yet). The second one arrives tomorrow and if my co-worker decides he doesn't want it, I plan to offer it up to someone on the forum. I really want a Fly More Combo so I am leaving both of my orders open at DJI and NewEgg in hopes one will ship in the next 2 weeks. If one does, I will cancel the other order and then keep the 2 boxes containing the Fly More Combo and return the unopened Basic kit box to Best Buy or again offer to sell it to someone on the forum.

So the way I see it, I am likely going to help out someone here by giving them an opportunity to get one now instead of waiting for their order to arrive who knows when.

This happens every time there is a IN-DEMAND product

Most recently in the Gun industry....... Trying to get 22LR ammo is/was really hard for many years.... People would hoard.... Buy any time they found it.... The hoarders has mass amounts.
Then you had the guys that bought bricks (boxes) of ammo and would double or triple the price.

I understand the hysteria.... But having orders all over the place, and buying multiple Mavics when you only want ONE, and Returning Used, Opened, UN-Opened to stores like Best Buy is just WRONG!!!!

This happens every time there is a IN-DEMAND product

Most recently in the Gun industry....... Trying to get 22LR ammo is/was really hard for many years.... People would hoard.... Buy any time they found it.... The hoarders has mass amounts.
Then you had the guys that bought bricks (boxes) of ammo and would double or triple the price.

I understand the hysteria.... But having orders all over the place, and buying multiple Mavics when you only want ONE, and Returning Used, Opened, UN-Opened to stores like Best Buy is just WRONG!!!!
Sorry you feel that way....my mission was to get one before Christmas but without paying the crazy markup prices from the thieves on eBay. I did my homework and found them. I am not hoarding them or looking to sell them for a big profit. But if you think everyone should be polite and wait in line for theirs to ship, life doesn't work that way. Just like waiting in traffic...if you know of a back way or short cut that is gonna save you some time, why wait in traffic like every other lemming when you can get home sooner.

Also, what do you think BB is going to do if I return this unopened....it will be on the shelf or back on line as available for someone else within hours.

Does anyone know if fedex requires a signature for delivery on orders from best buy? I don't see it indicated anywhere on the tracking page. Just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I can't comment on FedEx but UPS did not. I assume the shipper (Best Buy) makes that decision so it should be the same for FedEx. You should be able to cll FedEx and give them the tracking number to confirm one way or the other.

I can't comment on FedEx but UPS did not. I assume the shipper (Best Buy) makes that decision so it should be the same for FedEx. You should be able to cll FedEx and give them the tracking number to confirm one way or the other.

I'll give that a shot in the morning. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman