DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Bora Bora and Mo'orea

ArfNBarf

Reactions
My wife and I are going to be traveling to Bora Bora and Mo'orea here in February and I'm trying to find some regulations in terms of flying a drone. I've been finding all sorts of conflicting information including no flying at all to you can fly most places except out of resorts and at the airport as long as you are under 800 grams. I'm going to be flying an Air 2S so will be under the 800 grams. I've tried looking up French regulations on drones but haven't had much success since the islands are French territories.

My wife and I are going to be traveling to Bora Bora and Mo'orea here in February and I'm trying to find some regulations in terms of flying a drone. I've been finding all sorts of conflicting information including no flying at all to you can fly most places except out of resorts and at the airport as long as you are under 800 grams. I'm going to be flying an Air 2S so will be under the 800 grams. I've tried looking up French regulations on drones but haven't had much success since the islands are French territories.
My fall back stance…stealth man, Stealth! Take the drone and find a place where nobody is watching you and go up fast take your shots and descend as fast as possible.
Don’t fly if there the slightest risk of going over people or if any official is nearby
. That includes gardeners (I had a recent groundsman tell me not to fly…I waited til he was far gone and stealthed him). Trying to get a permit is a long and usually worthless and nonproductive endeavor .I have failed after months of trying with Dubai, Moorea,and Kenya,to mention a few. Hide behind bushes, hide in shaded areas, hide hide hide!!!
Dale
Miami

I would start by contacting the US Consular Office in Fiji which covers all of French Polynesia. Here’s some contact info:

Christopher Kozely, consular agent/agent Consulaire

U.S. Consular Agency in French Polynesia/U.S. Embassy, Suva, Fiji Islands
Agence Consulaire des Etats Unis en Polynésie Française/Embassade des Etats Unis, Suva, Fidji
Centre Tamanu Iti, 1er étage, Punaauia

B.P. 381616
98718 Punaauia
Polynésie Française
Tel+689) 40 42 65 35 Fax: 50 80 96/from the United States: (202) 780 7683
email: [email protected]

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
In addition to all the comments, I usually bring myM2, with my MP, because of it small size, very few people see it.

First item on a Google search for 'Bora Bora drone regulations' It's not dated and certainly not official, but it's a place to start.

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BRINGING & FLYING A DRONE IN BORA BORA​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason