DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the UK

COGriz

Reactions
I live in Belgium, but am making a short trip to the UK this weekend. Flying my Mavic in Belgium legally is difficult at best. Are there any special requirements I need to meet to fly in the UK? Thanks in advance!

The official rules are that you do not fly withing 50 meters of people or property not under your control and that's in parks and open spaces away from built up areas. For any built up area the rules are 150 metres from people or property not under your control (unless you hold a PfCO from the CAA, in which case its 50m again) landing and takeoff is 30 metres and the AC legal limits are 400 feet in height and 500 metres in range. You are also meant to maintain VLOS with your AC during flight.

Hope that helps

Reactions: COGriz
if you go on the CAA website and look for the drone code you can print off a copy and fly within the rules

The extra good news is as you are a foreigner flying in the UK the police are advised to not really bother you too much so it’s a little extra piece of mind. Just say you are visiting if anything happens which it won’t lol.

Are there any issues or rules about flying into the UK with a drone as luggage. Apart from batteries must be carry on and not booked luggage... oh and the obvious don’t fly drone in airplane

Possible UK trip coming up and wondered if any special packing/bags or updated legislation I needed to be aware of?

best to check with your airline and customs in the UK they should be able to tell you

Happy Birthday "Old Man Mavic" from another 72 year old Mavic pilot! Thanks for the UK advise too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde