DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in warm/hot temps

Edward Knight

Reactions
Just curious, what are the max air temps you would fly your Mavic Pro and for how long?
Same question for Mavic 2 Pro?

I let the manufacturer guide things - 32 F to 104 F. I've flown my MPP in both, no issues. If you're flying at the upper end, be sure to allow it to cool between flights - not only is it hot out, but the Mavic is also generating heat. I put it in front of a fan in the cool of the house and let it cool between flights on hot days.

I let the manufacturer guide things - 32 F to 104 F. I've flown my MPP in both, no issues. If you're flying at the upper end, be sure to allow it to cool between flights - not only is it hot out, but the Mavic is also generating heat. I put it in front of a fan in the cool of the house and let it cool between flights on hot days.
Agree! When ambient above 100F I take the battery out after a flight and let it cool in the shade until the motors and battery compartment no longer feel warm... average about 15 min in the AZ desert for me.

I had my iPhone 6 overheat and go black while flying early August. I was VLS the whole time and didn't notice till after landing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman