DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic 2 in Nepal. Permit?

mixan

Reactions
Hi, I’m planning to bring along my Drone Mavic 2 to Nepal next month (purposely for my trekking trip to ABC camp)..

Did check with UAV system international and they said that any drone below 2kg won’t require any permit.

Anyone here went with M2Z to Nepal before?

Tq

CAAN website > http://caanepal.gov.np/drone

That sub 2kg thing seems to be specifically for exemption for permissions from CAAN in section 1. (Tourists) and other applicant there.
You may still need permission from the other 2 authorities ?

It seems max alt is restricted to 200' AGL, about 60m, probably due to the amount of low flying small aircraft / mountain airstrips in remote areas.

Perhaps try a click on the link 'Application for RPA / Drone Operation' and have a read further . . . I couldn't get that to open just now (or the other link there) so I think it's going to be an uphill battle with this site.
The country really isn't tech rich, so suspect the website will be limited in help, maybe try and find an email link to write an inquiry.

Edit, that pdf application just opened ok, might have just been a very slow download !!
Looks free permit and very straight forward.

I wish I was into drones in 2012 when we spent 28 days remote in the far NE of the Nepal Himalaya, it is stunning.
Flying would be fairly simple in the more isolated regions, though you'd probably attract a crowd in the villages, and I wouldn't put it up in Kathmandu.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat