DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those interested in an SDK for the Mavic 3, you might like to participate in the following poll.

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
At least DJI ........MUST ........ see it there, lol.

At least DJI ........MUST ........ see it there, lol.
I don't see any poll on that link. I would like it so I could hopefully write my own app, using basic for android, like I did with the mavic pro. DJI Fly is so weak. The waypoint mission editor is very basic and could be improved a lot. Since they are using the SDK to write fly, why not other people write their own software too.

Were you logged in to a DJI account when you went to that page? It is necessary to be logged in.

why not other people write their own software too.
That would be way beyond most peoples' ability .... most definitely WAY beyond mine 😆🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Where you logged in to a DJI account when you went to that page? It is necessary to be logged in.

That would be way beyond most peoples' ability .... most definitely WAY beyond mine 😆🤣
I'm logged in as fans78766c93. Is that you?
It's not hard to write you own app, if you're a programmer, and you use b4a.(basic for Android) The guy who wrote b4a, wrote a skeleton app, to get you started. And he will help you. You're not writing in Java, but in Basic.

I logged in under my name, but I still don't see the poll. I see Suren started the thread. I know him.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I'm logged in as fans78766c93. Is that you?
It's not hard to write you own app, if you're a programmer, and you use b4a.(basic for Android) The guy who wrote b4a, wrote a skeleton app, to get you started. And he will help you. You're not writing in Java, but in Basic.
The whole idea of the SDK is so you don't need to write your own program.
It enables 3rd party developers to adapt their programs to work with the Mavic 3.
There are already very fine mapping programs out there, but until DJI releases an SDK for the Mavic 3, no-one can use the drone for serious mapping.

The whole idea of the SDK is so you don't need to write your own program.
It enables 3rd party developers to adapt their programs to work with the Mavic 3.
There are already very fine mapping programs out there, but until DJI releases an SDK for the Mavic 3, no-one can use the drone for serious mapping.
I like writing my own program because I have total control. DJI has already done the hard work. You just use their classes and functions. When I flew my mavic pro and mavic platinum, I used my program exclusively. If they release the SDK, I can probably use some of my old code.

Were you logged in to a DJI account when you went to that page? It is necessary to be logged in.

I still have my slide rule from high school in 1963. To me, Programming means figuring what channel I want to watch......

I remember the first calculators arrived whilst I was in school, one of the guys was the bee's knees 'cause his, a Sinclair?, could be made to do a count-up or count-down, can't remember which ...... hot stuff in those days.
Godfery & Siddon Log tables too.
Plus the local Poly was 'the business' 'cause they were able to do a print out that resembled Raquel Welch, I think, in her One Million years BC 'bikini'

you hsve to log into the DJI forum not here and the poll is in the first post
right now theres only 59 vote for it , Im sure thats not enough to get them to release it

I remember the first calculators arrived whilst I was in school, one of the guys was the bee's knees 'cause his, a Sinclair?, could be made to do a count-up or count-down, can't remember which ...... hot stuff in those days.
Godfery & Siddon Log tables too.
Plus the local Poly was 'the business' 'cause they were able to do a print out that resembled Raquel Welch, I think, in her One Million years BC 'bikini'
The first ones I saw in the early 70's were called electronic slide rules, came with a belt pouch, and the Engineers waited several weeks to get one. Very basic, but could do square roots!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
For those that can not see the poll the mods of the DJI forum are asking for screenshots of what you do see.

At least 68 people at the moment. Did you post the screen capture of what you see in that thread, as suggested in post #14?

Thanks but the screen capture is of no use here, you need to post it in the thread on the DJI forum.

Was that taken using a phone to view the thread? If so try using a computer.

Thanks but the screen capture is of no use here, you need to post it in the thread on the DJI forum.

Was that taken using a phone to view the thread? If so try using a computer.
You said on this mavic pilots thread that you wanted a screen shot. You can't see it?
I do everything using my tablet, so I can lay in bed.

I can see your screen capture here thanks but I did say
"the mods of the DJI forum are asking for screenshots of what you do see."
and
"Did you post the screen capture of what you see in that thread".

The intention being for people to post their screen captures in the thread on the DJI forum, where the DJI mods can see them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt