DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found drone near Castelton Tower in Utah

mavicproUtah

Reactions
Hey everyone, I found a Mavic Pro near Castleton Tower in Utah near Moab. The drone had a cracked camera and looks like it had fallen out of battery and crashed, but still seems to be in mostly good condition. I called Mavic technical support and gave them a serial number to see if I could track down the owner, but they said the warranty had expired so they had no information about them. I also checked the SD card and found footage, but nothing that linked back to the owner.

Is there anything else I could do to try and return this?

Thanks

I looked around and didn't see anything resembling an FAA number (FA1234567) on the body or inside the battery case. Would there be another place to find it?

Reactions: Sady
I looked around and didn't see anything resembling an FAA number (FA1234567) on the body or inside the battery case. Would there be another place to find it?
By law it's supposed to be on the outer part of the drone. If Autel can't help and you have no FAA number it sounds like you own it. Kudos to you for doing the foot work on trying to find the owner. You're a good person and the world needs more like you.

Check the serial number with dji

As I do with all digital cameras and recording hardware, take a photo a POC page, screenshot, or anything else that can record contact information, and ensure this clip or photo is not erased (locked) from the memory card. Someone finding lost equipment will almost always go through the memory card. If a photo cannot be captured then record yourself stating contact information -before each flight, and save as a separate clip. Mention reward and you’ll be certain to get a call!

Yeah there aren't any FCC labels or numbers anywhere, and there was no other contact information related to the serial number. Is there anyway i can sell this? I looked at the controllers and they seem pretty pricey so I'd rather sell it instead of using it for myself.

I lost my drone around Castleton tower. I'm here now looking for it. It's a mavic air 2s yellow and black . Lost it about a month ago. [email protected]
Hey everyone, I found a Mavic Pro near Castleton Tower in Utah near Moab. The drone had a cracked camera and looks like it had fallen out of battery and crashed, but still seems to be in mostly good condition. I called Mavic technical support and gave them a serial number to see if I could track down the owner, but they said the warranty had expired so they had no information about them. I also checked the SD card and found footage, but nothing that linked back to the owner.

Is there anything else I could do to try and return this?

Thanks
Not a air 2s. I lost mine there and I'm up here looking for it

Good on you for trying to track down the owner.
I suppose it could have been lost pre FAA registration requirement.

Did you check to see if there was a microSD card in one of the little door flaps ?
Sometimes pilots will put a contact info folder on the card for such times, and also there may be photos or similar that can be used to try and track an owner.

I bet there are a lot of lost drones out there in the Utah deserts around those giant tower formations.

Good on you for trying to track down the owner.
I suppose it could have been lost pre FAA registration requirement.

Did you check to see if there was a microSD card in one of the little door flaps ?
Sometimes pilots will put a contact info folder on the card for such times, and also there may be photos or similar that can be used to try and track an owner.

I bet there are a lot of lost drones out there in the Utah deserts around those giant tower formations.
Doesn't seem like he's been back since his last post. I doubt he'll be back to see your comment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan