DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fraudulent DJI Store

Hendero

Reactions
I have bought multiple items via the DJI store.
I got several error messages "payment not accepted" with giro pay.
After this my order list was also empty.
Finally i tried paypal my order was accepted.

But after a few minutes i got confirmation messages of my former tries.
Now i have a few Mavic 2 on order and the money was taken from my account (and from paypal too).

This wasn´t a one time incidence. I tried 2 days ago to buy some accesories and the same again "payment not accepted" but the money was taken from my account.

I have bought multiple items via the DJI store.
I got several error messages "payment not accepted" with giro pay.
After this my order list was also empty.
Finally i tried paypal my order was accepted.

But after a few minutes i got confirmation messages of my former tries.
Now i have a few Mavic 2 on order and the money was taken from my account (and from paypal too).

This wasn´t a one time incidence. I tried 2 days ago to buy some accesories and the same again "payment not accepted" but the money was taken from my account.

DJI has a very antiquated payment portal. When they have a high volume of sales, you can try 20 times, and your order will get rejected. On the 21st time (if your bank or Paypal hasnt called you about fraud yet), the order might go through. This has happened on every new release from DJI for years. Thats why some buyers prefer not to buy from DJI directly, but wait for online retailers to get stock. Online retailers know that it is perilous to trifle with customers money, but DJI seems to not care less. Im not sure if you were one of the buyers of the Mavic Pro that was released 2 years ago. DJI kept my money for 4 months before I got a shipping notice. My first order took days to get past their payment portal, kept getting "payment not accepted" messages. Sometimes they charged me, other times just authorized. Using Paypal helped.

To make matters worse, DJI appears as "SAIKORON LLC" on your credit card or Paypal statement, and as a foreign transaction, raising the red flags at domestic banks, and many times getting flagged as suspicious due to the dollar amount. Im surprised Paypal hasnt banned them.

Long story short, you are not alone.

What’s fraudulent about it? Contact them to cancel the extra orders.
It´s fraudulent because you get the message that payment is not processed but it is. So a lot of money is drawn from your account. In best case you get your money back (i havn´t yet) or you get the items shipped multiple times.
Then you can figure out how to send the stuff back to china.

Reactions: Former Member
It´s fraudulent because you get the message that payment is not processed but it is. So a lot of money is drawn from your account. In best case you get your money back (i havn´t yet) or you get the items shipped multiple times.
Then you can figure out how to send the stuff back to china.

You believe DJI is doing this intentionally ?

Fraud is the intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right.

This is not fraud.

You believe DJI is doing this intentionally ?
DJI is a multi milion dollar group and has all the resources to fix this problem. So we can say it is intentionally to not fix it.
This problem exists for years and i thought it has been fixed but hasn´t.
It happened multiple times in the past and now.
Multiplicate this with 100.000s of orders and you see the scale.

It happened multiple times in the past and now.
Multiplicate this with 100.000s of orders and you see the scale.
Apart from your own unfortunate experiences, how do you know that “100,000s” have also suffered in the same way? So far in this thread you are definitely in the minority!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Here is an interesting read. It's what happened to those of us who ordered Mavic Pros back in 2016 and had to wait for weeks or months to get our drones while DJI unapologetically kept our money. DJI sells the most advanced and economical consumer drones on the market, but some of their methods are light years behind their technology including their payment portal, customer service, and repair.

DJI Mavic Pro Shipping Delay Fiasco

doesn't look like fraud but a poor way to do business especially if multiple items are received
do like i do,get a money card and load it to what you want to spend only.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Why do you even keep retrying if it doesn't work? Isn't it kinda natural to check stuff before trying again?

I've also never heard of the payment system you used. Maybe it's something unusual, at least for them.

Seriously?
1. Contact DJI and have them cancel the extra orders/payments. Or if you have create an account on their website, you can view and cancel the extra orders yourself.
2. You can post in a forum like here, to let others know that there might be technical problems with their payment system, so don’t be to impatient with trying to pay for their orders multiple times.
3. Don’t make a minor issue seem like a major problem, like accusing them of fraud. If you bought a loaf of bread and the cashier accidentally gave you the wrong change, you don’t accuse the shop of fraud and call the cops. Just because there was ONE documented issue of the gimbal falling of a Mavic 2 Pro, some people assume a whole batch M2Ps are going to have their gimbals fall out if they look at it funny.
Chill out.

I placed a $1600 order on the DJI moble store app on my Android phone using my military credit union's credit card via PayPal.

At first, it wasn't processing, so I logged into the credit union's mobile app and had an alert about my attempted purchase.

What I learned, or had forgotten, was to place a pre-authorization for the amount with the credit union.

I was able to respond to my credit union alert by doing a pre-authorization at that point and flip back over to the DJI shopping cart and try it again thru PayPal.

It went thru normally that time and my M2P is now sitting on my table in front of me right now as I'm typing this.

Maybe understand how to handle this this will help you in the future.

I don't know how you'll respond it this, but pilots, manned or unmanned, need to keep calm, professional and focus on adverse situations to find solutions instead of responding with emotional outburst.

I hope you get your drone very soon and get on with flying safely. :)

Reactions: InvisibleName
I tried to order the Mavic 2 a couple of times and with perfect credit card was rejected. I decided it was omen and went with Mavic Pro from B&H, same card. Maybe I'll get the 2 when it's proven and the prices come down.

Reactions: Former Member
I tried to order the Mavic 2 a couple of times and with perfect credit card was rejected. I decided it was omen and went with Mavic Pro from B&H, same card. Maybe I'll get the 2 when it's proven and the prices come down.

I ordered the MP2 with my perfect credit card, the sale was rejected until my bank contacted me via text on my mobile phone-asking me to confirm the sale to protect me from fraud, and they sent me a verification code to input (I have this anti-fraud set up). The bank then asked me to wait 10 mins, then go back to the DJI site and the transaction would be authorised, and it was, no problems, just needed a bit of patience

Hmmmm. I called the bank too and contacted DJI. Worked out for the best. I really like he Mavic Pro. Accessories are discounted and available too. In the end, I could have two Pros, controller and spare batteries for the cost of the Pro 2. Anyone else seen enough "Dolly Shots" yet?

I ordered the MP2 with my perfect credit card, the sale was rejected until my bank contacted me via text on my mobile phone-asking me to confirm the sale to protect me from fraud, and they sent me a verification code to input (I have this anti-fraud set up). The bank then asked me to wait 10 mins, then go back to the DJI site and the transaction would be authorised, and it was, no problems, just needed a bit of patience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan