DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

free music sources?

caryg

Reactions
Hi all--

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a source of free (or cheap) music clips to use as soundtracks for video. The only things I've found are pricey (as in, $50 a clip). I figure there must be something more reasonable out there.

Thanks!

YouTube has a free music library and this website Sound Image has a bunch. Also not being a smart *** use the search function (magnifying glass upper right corner) and type in free music to see more options.

Eric Mayes has a site, and also they do make software that you can RIP any sound track off any youtube video and use it. I will post both when I get to my computer.

Hi all--

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a source of free (or cheap) music clips to use as soundtracks for video. The only things I've found are pricey (as in, $50 a clip). I figure there must be something more reasonable out there.

Thanks!
Hi all--

Thanks!
You may try as well bensound.com

Just be forewarned that truly "free" music, i.e. you don't have to pay OR worry about getting bumped off of social media, it must be "copyright free", not "royalty free", there is a big difference. A lot of the bigger music repositories will advertise "free" music, but what they mean is "royalty free" which means you have to pay to use. Look for copyright free music, of which, there are tons out there.

YouTube has a free music library and this website Sound Image has a bunch. Also not being a smart *** use the search function (magnifying glass upper right corner) and type in free music to see more options.
awesome and thank you

Nocopyrightsound have some good tunes, and some like Two steps from hell let you use the music as Long as you aint making money of the video.

@itsneedtokno
Misinterpreted your question – thought you were asking specifically about YouTube. As far as copyright music there are plenty of websites. Just do a Google search, select one and see what they require to buy/use the music.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
How do people get real music in YouTube?

I either use a track that I have in itunes, or rip it off a youtube video (loads of easy online tools to do that). Once you have the audio, use a video editors to lay down an audio track over the video.

I do post my videos to youtube. If you use a commerical song in your video, youtube might pull it down later for copyright violation. BUT, if you post it as private, they don't care. You can still post a link to it elsewhere. That's what I do.

I do this as a hobby, and I'm not trying to monetize anything online or get a bunch of likes, so I'm happy to keep my youtube videos private.

I either use a track that I have in itunes, or rip it off a youtube video (loads of easy online tools to do that). Once you have the audio, use a video editors to lay down an audio track over the video.

I do post my videos to youtube. If you use a commerical song in your video, youtube might pull it down later for copyright violation. BUT, if you post it as private, they don't care. You can still post a link to it elsewhere. That's what I do.

I do this as a hobby, and I'm not trying to monetize anything online or get a bunch of likes, so I'm happy to keep my youtube videos private.

I don't trust the "rippers" you have any good suggestions

I don't trust the "rippers" you have any good suggestions

www.ytmp3.cc

Works great. After you click the Download button, the site opens a new tab in your browser. Some spammy thing. Just close that tab.

1. Copy youtube video link, paste into YTMP3 entry box
  2. Click Convert - wait
  3. Click Download when that button appears. IF A NEW TAB OPENS WITH SOME SPAMMY CRAP, JUST CLOSE IT. Don't install anything, no matter what :)
  4. Go you your browser's Downloads folder and your MP3 will be waiting for you.
1595881677577.png

Reactions: drrags
Free Music Sources that I have located:

soundcloud.com as a good alternative too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78