DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Friend's drone

Lesio333

Reactions
Hi, I have a legal question - the drone is already registered to my friend's account. I have already one drone registered to my account. I want to fly my friend's drone. Do I have register my friend's drone to me now or just show my friend's registration in case I am asked by authorities?

I think you can fly any drone as long as you are 107. I could be wrong though... :)

I would imagine the situation is analogous to borrowing a friend's car for a bit. The authorities will seek your friend out first, who would refer them to you.

Reactions: Lesio333
I have asked on this forum. Was told you can let people fly your drone. No rules or laws broken. But like I tell people, don't go by 1 persons opinion or advice. I'm Sure some fine member of this community can shine more light.

Reactions: Lesio333
For pleasure

In that case the drones themselves are not registered - you and your friend have presumably both registered under the Section 336 dashboard and put your respective registration numbers on your drones. You don't have any drones registered in your account if it is Section 336. So you cannot register your friend's drone either - all you could do is put your current 336 registration number on his drone, but that's not necessary. You are good to fly.

In that case the drones themselves are not registered - you and your friend have presumably both registered under the Section 336 dashboard and put your respective registration numbers on your drones. You don't have any drones registered in your account if it is Section 336. So you cannot register your friend's drone either - all you could do is put your current 336 registration number on his drone, but that's not necessary. You are good to fly.
All the information I needed. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp