DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrated user, camera/pcb board problems? - Mavic Pro

skywalk.er

Reactions
hey, I'm going to make my first post as thorough as possible to avoid and confusion.

Left my Mavic Pro on my car, drove it a few miles, went up a hill and saw something fall off the roof.

went to go pick up my drone.

some scuffs on the body, gimbal cover and lock both fell out, and gimbal got beat up pretty bad. the glass from the lens was also missing. one propellor broke, the other got chipped. Battery and everything still inside, no issues there, Mavic was on its back when I picked it up.First thing I did was drive to the park, swap props, start Mavic. and try and fly.

NO problems with take off, did a bunch of aerial tests, spins, such and such, all motors and arms seem to be fine. Gimbal responds, moves up and down.

now for the bad news.

No image on the phone. Never had such an issue before. Cant take photos, nothing, Was able to mess with exposure settings and all, hear the click of the camera, but nothing. Nothing is being written to the SD card either. Nor with Video or Photo.

Of course first thing I did was open google, and spend hours and hours troubleshooting. Most people came to the conclusion that the ribbon cable and the image transmission cable must be bust, some even said the lens module itself, so I ordered a gimbal kit off eBay. (came with gimbal, lens, and two cables. no gimbal PCB board). Parts came in today, carefully swapped it out, factory reset drone, turned everything on and..... black screen. Gimbal adjusts and calibrates happily, camera still makes capture noises, but nothing being saved. (I did swap out SD cards too).

Something I noticed though, was whenever I tried pressing the play back button, it would show some photos from before, and then say nothing is on card, goes back to the main screen, and I see the camera settings reinitializing. Also tried resetting camera settings, and changing from NTSC to Pal..

guys, what do I do? haha.

1.) Replaced Gimbal, Camera Lens, Ribbon Cable, and 20 wire cable thing
2.) Firmware resets
3.) SD swaps
4.) Phone swaps
5.) Wifi mode to rule out controller and lightning cables
6.) Reinstall App
5.) lost tons of sleep.

Saved up a lot for this drone, flew it a few times with no problem, I bought it used so no warranty. Am located in a remote location of British Columbia, closest repair store (based on online reviews) is 8 hour drive. Is it by any chance possible that the PCB board is faulty? I realized that I still get the obstacle warning, saying 0.5 m or whatever distance the obstacle is, but obviously no image on phone.

Sorry this was long, I wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Cheers.

Could be a bad LVDS cable. Try buying a new one and replacing it, unless you have another one laying around that you can try it with. If you need to buy a different one, I would NOT buy it from the same supplier..

Could be a bad LVDS cable. Try buying a new one and replacing it, unless you have another one laying around that you can try it with. If you need to buy a different one, I would NOT buy it from the same supplier..

I’m just going to buy everything from you haha.

What cable is this? Thank

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60