DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Garbage video, need some help

Reactions
4 day of flying my Mavic pro platinum and I got this problem.. It happen after upgrading (with DJI Assitant 2) Aircraft to 01.04.0000, or after switching from beginner to normal mode. I also changed some camera setting trying some better ones from youtube.. do you think I have to send Mavic to repair or is something I did without knowledge?

Do a search on "jello".
Thank you didn't know the problem had already a name..jello fit perfect to it!! There seems to be a lot of different jello problems type on the web and most of them are gimbal shacking that's not my case.

The guy in this video has the same problem and find out why..here is 3°C and the first 2 day i didn't had the problem because I was flying with cover to train manual landing safely..

It seems there isn't a real solution for this jello.
Are all Mavic affected to this problem at low temp or just mine and few others? Should I send to repair?

There's a chance one of the rubber gimbal supports is not in the correct spot.
Make sure props are able to spin out fully.
It's advisable to set them straight before flight anyway IMO.
Jello is usually caused by unbalanced props.

You might notice it slightly more if it's very cold but not to the extent in your video.

Reactions: MadValley
There seems to be any number of causes for it. I've seen it when recording and flying too fast. I think others have seen it when using a slower SD card. You just need to figure out what's causing it in your case and then figure out how to work around it.

There's a chance one of the rubber gimbal supports is not in the correct spot.
Make sure props are able to spin out fully.
It's advisable to set them straight before flight anyway IMO.
Jello is usually caused by unbalanced props.
You might notice it slightly more if it's very cold but not to the extent in your video.

Everything seems to be normal, should be some hardware/software bug in the cold..I am trying to do some test to find out what could really be..If I warm up the aircraft a bit with hovering it seems to mostly solve the problem

There seems to be any number of causes for it. I've seen it when recording and flying too fast. I think others have seen it when using a slower SD card. You just need to figure out what's causing it in your case and then figure out how to work around it.

I will try to buy a new SD, the one I got with the Mavic is very slow, can you suggest any better SD?

I use Sandisk Extreme Pro for all my 4K cameras. Samsung and others have similar cards but where I am the Sandisks are cheaper. The Sandisk Extreme that came with my MP seems to work okay. It's top write speed is 60MBps which is what the Mavic requires but the Extreme Pro is 90MBps. Make sure you check write speeds, which are less than the typically advertised read speeds.

I use Sandisk Extreme Pro for all my 4K cameras. Samsung and others have similar cards but where I am the Sandisks are cheaper. The Sandisk Extreme that came with my MP seems to work okay. It's top write speed is 60MBps which is what the Mavic requires but the Extreme Pro is 90MBps. Make sure you check write speeds, which are less than the typically advertised read speeds.
Mavic 4K files are only 7.5MB/s.

Cards with 90 MB/s write speeds are way overkill in the mavic.

U1 cards are rated at guaranteed minimum 10MB/s write.
U3 guaranteed minimum 30MB/s.

Either work well for me.

after several testing the problem is definitely due to the cold in my case...not sure if I had to say something to dji or just try to keep battery warm before flight..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998