DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'Day from outback Australia

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
I'm Chris and I'm a Cinematographer, Photographer and Location Scout based in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.I am also signed by Getty Images to supply them with 4K stock footage.

I had the original Phantom a few years back, crashed it a few times, had some fun but when I started to look into the laws in Australia for flying them commercially, I decided to sell it. Things changed late September in Australia when our aviation authority, CASA, changed commercial rules for drones under 2kg. Enter the Mavic Pro. While I am still in training mode on this one my main purpose has been to tweak the camera to get rid of the annoying "moireing" of the camera straight out of the box, and to keep the shutter speed down to a constant 1/50th of a second. I hope to start commercial flights in February for clients.

I actually was going to use the Mavic Pro for corporate videos but with the new tweaks and 3rd party filters I've found, I'm starting to think it might be ok for higher end work! Not sure if you're allowed to post videos here but have posted one in the "photos and videos" section.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: christangey
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum christangey . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent