DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geofence

Te Rangitira

Reactions
I live in Auckland, New Zealand and fly a Mavic Pro. I live close to the Whenuapai Air Force Base. My DJI Go4 app always told me I was 260 Meters outside the Whenuapai geofence. Now with the latest DJI formware I am 60 Meters inside the geofence and get a warning. Did the Airfield move? or did my house move? or did something else happen that I don't know about?

Te Rangitira,
Steve Otto

I live in Auckland, New Zealand and fly a Mavic Pro. I live close to the Whenuapai Air Force Base. My DJI Go4 app always told me I was 260 Meters outside the Whenuapai geofence. Now with the latest DJI formware I am 60 Meters inside the geofence and get a warning. Did the Airfield move? or did my house move? or did something else happen that I don't know about?

Suggest you call the Air Force Base - they may have increased the size of the no-fly zone. Otherwise, send an inquiry to DJI.

Te Rangitira,
Steve Otto
I’d suggest trash and reload your DJI software. Never ask DJI for approval or no fly zones. I did this 3 months ago and use AirMap now... solved the problem for me on all my birds.

Reactions: Te Rangitira
all great suggestions let me help you . No Limit Drones.!
Google it ...it will set you free
you are responsable for how and where you fly.!....
let me ask you .
So why should you be restricted.?

Te Rangitira,
Steve Otto

DJI has introduced what they call “enhanced warning zones.” It’s to let you know that “hey just a heads up you are close to the flight path of a near by airport so maybe so be on best behavior even though you are outside of the actual geozone.”

First of all you just have to acknowledge the notice and you can take off. No big deal. It’s not a bad idea really but it has caused a lot of confusion.

Confusion in that people think they are real Geozones and also that they are difficult to distinguish between real Geozones and I fear some people are self-unlocking Geozones thinking that they are just these warning zones so it’s really a big mess.

DJI has introduced what they call “enhanced warning zones.” It’s to let you know that “hey just a heads up you are close to the flight path of a near by airport so maybe so be on best behavior even though you are outside of the actual geozone.”

First of all you just have to acknowledge the notice and you can take off. No big deal. It’s not a bad idea really but it has caused a lot of confusion.

Confusion in that people think they are real Geozones and also that they are difficult to distinguish between real Geozones and I fear some people are self-unlocking Geozones thinking that they are just these warning zones so it’s really a big mess.

Yup. Get a warning every first flight of the day. Check a box, then Ok. I’ve even taken off without completing the warning.

Te Rangitira,
Steve Otto
Thanks for the replies. Figured it was an extra safety measure

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes