DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Giant new restricted zone around Baltimore?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I fired up the new version of the Fly app tonight, and on the opening screen, I saw my home address go from “OK to fly” to “restricted zone.”

And, indeed, when I look at the map, there is now a gigantic new blue zone around Baltimore. What the hell?:

c9ea809371e166d31fd288d7003a52d8.jpg

It makes the “no-fly” zone around DC, previously the world’s largest, look like nothing.

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
I fired up the new version of the Fly app tonight, and on the opening screen, I saw my home address go from “OK to fly” to “restricted zone.”

And, indeed, when I look at the map, there is now a gigantic new blue zone around Baltimore. What the hell?:

It makes the “no-fly” zone around DC, previously the world’s largest, look like nothing.
Memorial Day festivities

Many thanks. Whew. If that were permanent, I’d be returning my Mini to DJI or throwing it in the river.

For my information: Why does it show up as a restriction on the map on the 24th (now), when the posted times are on the 25th?

Why does it show up as a restriction on the map on the 24th (now), when the posted times are on the 25th?
That's a question you have to ask DJI ...

Many thanks. Whew. If that were permanent, I’d be returning my Mini to DJI or throwing it in the river.

For my information: Why does it show up as a restriction on the map on the 24th (now), when the posted times are on the 25th?
So you can plan ahead...

It does show the day and time it’s active AE7BD60F-0959-446B-96D0-0F5934D50731.png

I live near Bush River and was also shocked when I looked at the expanded restricted zone until I realized it was only temporary. It is a HUGE area even extending partly into Pennsylvania.

Reactions: Thmoore
When I first got the Zoom, I was flying happily in my backyard (other than when I crashed it twice).

I go out one day and I'm in a no-fly zone. What the.... I tried getting permission but I was new and don't know if it were possible or not for my area. I finally asked in the forum and someone asked if there was a sporting event or some such. (since I'm not really into sports and I'm not a Husky, I don't track their home games). I'm two-crow-miles from Husky Stadium and was restricted. It was temporary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980