DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Arms Scratch Prevention

suade8880

Reactions
I can't believe DJI overlooked the part in design that the rear legs are banging up against the gimbal arms when folded in causing scrapes and scratches to them. It would only get worst in time. I just wanted share what I have done using wire harness fabric tape for protection. Works great so far.

GIMBAL ARMS.jpg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I also noted that the end of the arms could bounce off of the Camera , and added a 3mm cushion to the Wet Sut to separate them and give them some room away from the camera.

I think this is the Reason why the Camera Locks in place.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

2022-01-21_01h39_49.png

Reactions: suade8880
There is a fix available from DJI, it looks to be a U of stiff foam that is fitted when the drone is being put away and is removed when the drone is being readied for flight.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Yes. Write them and they will send you one. Fair warning, they sent mine AS WARRANTY REPAIR. I got email that my drone met inspection (I never sent it in) and rhev"part" -a piece of closed cell foam is a warranty part. I am not happy. This might kill my free second year of warranty they provide if you don't use Care Refresh during the one year term. I am making sure that isn't the case.

SmartSelect_20220120-214133_Email.jpg

SmartSelect_20220120-215517_Email.jpg

SmartSelect_20220119-015539_Chrome.jpg

Maybe if you posted appropriate photos of the part, with dimensions, the OP could make a DIY version.

I just received the mavic 3 and it didn't come with the foamy thing. I'd love to have one but waiting for it may take too much time. Anyone care to post the dimensions and pictures so we all can do a DIY one like the poster above mentioned? Doesn't seem that difficult to cut one into shape. Thanks ahead.

Mine came with the foam protector but with scratches in gimbal arms:

My Mavic 3, manufactured November 16, 2021, came with the U. Here are some images if you want to make your own. The dimensions are 2" x 1 13/16" x 3/8". The foam is pretty dense.

IMG_1334.jpeg IMG_1335.jpegIMG_1336.jpeg

Reactions: Jhun80
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54