DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Caution Tape

Soaring Eagle

Reactions
Being new to drones , not very technically oriented, and never having played video games I find this new discipline quite daunting. Despite having made preflight checklists for myself, I still find myself overlooking various things prior to flight. One of these being to be sure of removing the gimbal cover on my Mavic Air. Having launched it more than once and then in mid flight seeing the gimbal overload message I decided to rig my Mavic so that I could not forget this step ever again. Being a paraglider pilot for many years I have a great deal of gear to pack/repack reserve parachutes for my students and friends. I use red fabric tape to keep the nylon panels in place while repacking and to be highly visible for removal prior to installation into our harnesses. So taking a section of this 1/2 inch wide nylon tape I threaded it through the gap in the hinge of the gimbal cover, and the Frankenstitched it together creating a connected loop.
Now whenever I have the drone out of its carrier, the red tape is impossible to miss, and therefore takes one thing off the list for me. Simple, crude, but effective. I hope this might help someone else out there with their preflight actions.gimbal 2.jpggimbal 3.jpggimball 1.jpggimbal 2.jpggimbal 3.jpggimball 1.jpg

Wow. That will get the job done.

Wow ... yeah, that will be a reminder hard to miss.

Hmm ... wonder if you can get some relief in some of the UAV regulations if you fly it tethered with that ?? sorry ?

Yep, I could never remember to remove it either...

IMG_4620.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78