DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal noise on mavic air

MavicairLou1

Reactions
Hi I have a mavic air and was checking out the gimbal without the drone flying and I noticed when I run the gimbal all the way down it sometimes makes a grinding noise,is this normal just because it’s being stretched down,just wondering,I have absolutely no other issues with it,any help would be greatly appreciated

It is not normal for me. The gimbal pan down is silent throughout it’s travel range.

Thank you,ya I think I only noticed it because I only had the drone powered on and the motors weren’t running,I was just going over everything in the dji go app and I noticed sometimes when the gimbal points straight down I hear a little bit of a grinding noise,and it only does it when the gimbal gets to that fully extended down position,it doesn’t do it while it’s moving,I don’t know,I hope it’s not gonna lead to a bigger problem because besides the sound everything works great,Thank you for responding and letting me know what yours does I really appreciate it,maybe I’ll take it to a dji store near me. Thanks again

Could be a speck of dirt not letting reach very bottom.

Did you try gimbal calibration in case it's confused as to its end of travel?

So thank you guys for responding but I figured it out,remember I’m new lol. But I bought one of those sun shade pieces that slip in like the gimbal protector does and tonight I figured I’d look at the problem again and took off the piece and of course no noise put it back on and all the way down the gimbal sounds like it’s grinding again,I think the sun shade piece isn’t letting the gimbal go down just that little bit more that it dies when it’s off so it’s hitting it,screw it I actually haven’t noticed a difference in picture or video quality and I only paid $3 for it off of eBay,so easy fix,I hope this helps anybody else if they have one of those sun shade pieces and thank you to the people that responded and tried to help,you guys are great and I love this forum. Thank you again!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan