DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Stuck Faced Down

fohkist

Reactions
I crashed my Mini 2 and snapped a piece in the gimbal housing. I disassembled, added glue, set it over night and it was intact.
After reassembling properly, at start up, after the gimbal does it’s checks, it’s almost as though the camera gives up and ends up facing downwards. Any ideas?

Replace the gimbal. It's unlikely that reattaching an apparently broken component with glue is the only gimbal issue after a crash. The gimbals are very fragile and any sudden impact will generally destroy them, no matter how repairable they appear. It's like welding two broken halves of unibody construction together. Not recommended.

That's for a different issue, where the gimbal works correctly when powered up, but flops down only when power is off.
Ahh, I misread fohkist's post.

I would then ask, was the pitch motor removed from its housing?
If so, where any alignment marks made or noted? If so was the motor refitted correctly aligned?
If no alignment marks were made or noted then it might be an idea to remove the motor again and check for any marks (pips or arrows etc. ) that might have been used during assembly in the factory.
Or, alternatively if the motor assembly has several axis of symmetry, try a different orientation. I got the impression that the rubber mounting lugs were 120deg apart, if correct then that might imply that there are 3 possible positions in which the motor could be installed. The rubber 'boot' on the motor seem 'keyed' so only goes on correctly one way.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan