DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go Professional Hard Case

No. It's the same case as all of the other GPC cases though. They are all waterproof.

Ever ridden a motorcycle? If so, you would understand that "waterproof" is not always waterproof, and when it comes to most things, they are water resistant. Ride in a torrential downpour for a few hours and even Gor-Tex will break down and allow moisture through. I was hoping to know if it has been tested outside of a factory setting. I tested one of my last pelican cases, and found there was a flaw that allowed water to get into the case. It was replaced, but I always test them now, no matter what the manufacture says.

I dont have either case, so I have no reference. This is why I asked the question.

I don't have the Polar Pro case. You can see there is at least a big difference in the quality visually.

GPC is one of the best DJI case makers (the best in my opinion). You won't be disappointed with this case.

No. It's the same case as all of the other GPC cases though. They are all waterproof.

I agree. Polar Pro looks cheaper to me

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ever ridden a motorcycle? If so, you would understand that "waterproof" is not always waterproof, and when it comes to most things, they are water resistant. Ride in a torrential downpour for a few hours and even Gor-Tex will break down and allow moisture through. I was hoping to know if it has been tested outside of a factory setting. I tested one of my last pelican cases, and found there was a flaw that allowed water to get into the case. It was replaced, but I always test them now, no matter what the manufacture says.

I dont have either case, so I have no reference. This is why I asked the question.

The GPC case is waterproof. Google it. It's a SKB case and is airtight!

Ever ridden a motorcycle? If so, you would understand that "waterproof" is not always waterproof, and when it comes to most things, they are water resistant.
No, I don't ride motorcycles. I can tell you this case is waterproof. Here's a description of the case from SKB's website:

"SKB Injection Molded Cases are your solution to safely packaging and transporting equipment. These SKB injection molded cases are military standard (MIL-C-4150J, MIL-STD-648C, MIL-STD-810F). In other words these cases are 100% waterproof and can be submerged without water penetration. SKB injection molded cases are resistant to UV, solvents, corrosion, fungus and impact damage. Used by the government including the United States Military, SKB injection molded waterproof cases are the ultimate protection for anything of value. SKB injection molded cases are so strong each case comes with a lifetime guarantee of excellence, which means SKB will replace or repair any damaged case at their expense."

Nevermind. I can read descriptions all day long and it still will not answer the "need to know" I have on waterproofing of a case. Especially considering I have had "waterproof" cases fail. That's fine.

So, you want someone to dunk this case in water to try to debunk what the manufacturer is claiming? That sounds like a pointless mission.

Some people have tested other SKB cases on YouTube. For example:

Nevermind. I can read descriptions all day long and it still will not answer the "need to know" I have on waterproofing of a case. Especially considering I have had "waterproof" cases fail. That's fine.
I get what you are saying, but the specs say they are waterproof... so, you have to do your own dunk test on your own case to determine if you have a faulty case. It does no good for msinger to do a dunk test when the one you get might have a faulty seal.

Reactions: moocows42
I had a brand new Pelican Cooler with a leaking drain gasket, due to a bad injection mold on that particular cooler. Lifetime warranty, sent it back, got a new one. So, it is possible to get a faulty case.

I had a brand new Pelican Cooler with a leaking drain gasket, due to a bad injection mold on that particular cooler. Lifetime warranty, sent it back, got a new one. So, it is possible to get a faulty case.

Also, technically manufactured items are not truly "waterproof". For example, this is why the wristwatch industry is no longer allowed to use "waterproof", instead it is "water resistant". Based on depth and water pressure they all fail, even if humans can not dive that deep.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yeah jeez man, you understand it's waterproof, you said you can read descriptions. That was a frustrating conversation between you and msinger. Buy the dang thing and test it out yourself, because clearly what you are describing is a faulty case, and a million people telling you their cases are fully waterproof will mean nothing to you if you get that one faulty case.

What's funny is if I had asked "can someone demo POI mode" I would have gotten plenty of responses with videos of POI mode. But I ask for a water demo on a case, and I get insulted.

If you're referring to me, I wasn't trying to insult you. I was simply pointing out that it would be pointless to show the case is waterproof since everyone knows what "these cases are 100% waterproof and can be submerged without water penetration" means. There's no need to demo that since there is no question as to what that means.

If you're referring to me, I wasn't trying to insult you. I was simply pointing out that it would be pointless to show the case is waterproof since everyone knows what "these cases are 100% waterproof and can be submerged without water penetration" means. There's no need to demo that since there is no question as to what that means.

Not just that... but I'm not risking my stuff to test a case for you.

Dude, it's $119! Buy one, sink it to the bottom of a lake and report back!

Reactions: turnpike17
Some people have tested other SKB cases on YouTube.
I like the olive green version that's sitting in the water. Too bad that one's not an option.

The real burning question is, which way are the batteries supposed to go in? I see you have them with the contacts facing down. But GPC shows them with the contacts facing up. And don't say they can go either way. Which way is the RIGHT way?! :)

Guys lets not get argumentative in this .
Think.jpg

The real burning question is, which way are the batteries supposed to go in? I see you have them with the contacts facing down. But GPC shows them with the contacts facing up. And don't say they can go either way. Which way is the RIGHT way?! :)
They can really go in either way. If you look into the bottom of the battery cutouts, there is an area for the contacts to slide into. That's why I have them inserted that way.

@TheLightSpeed! likes to insert them the other way around since its easier to remove them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580