DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 M2E compatibility is here!

MachDiamond

Reactions
Not sure this was intentional on DJI's part - it doesn't feel that way OR DJI listened to their customers and that's how we should endorse it - a glimpse into the future.

So...fat fingered the startup on the CS785 today and selected Go4 instead of Pilot.

Everything looked and felt familiar but the application screen was suppressed in brightness and a pop-up occurred at every screen touch - escaped tutorial mode and flew M2E normally...huh?

Airsense is recognized but none of the attachment features like the strobe beacon...

Totally weird experience...gotta say kudos to DJI for this.

The most recent firmware update to R/C and A/C was the "smart controller" one a few weeks ago, who knew?

Not sure this was intentional on DJI's part - it doesn't feel that way OR DJI listened to their customers and that's how we should endorse it - a glimpse into the future.

So...fat fingered the startup on the CS785 today and selected Go4 instead of Pilot.

Everything looked and felt familiar but the application screen was suppressed in brightness and a pop-up occurred at every screen touch - escaped tutorial mode and flew M2E normally...huh?

Airsense is recognized but none of the attachment features like the strobe beacon...

The most recent firmware update to R/C and A/C was the "smart controller" one a few weeks ago, who knew?

I actually was gonna post something along the lines of “M2E owners should try out DJI Go 4 to see if it works” but I was afraid of getting everybody’s hopes up.

This is great news! Do intelligent flight modes work?

Reactions: Dronage
Hyperlapse initiates and clicks off shots - was running short on flight time so had to abort and did not get a result saved unless it's on the Sd card - will explore more tomorrow.

Was prompted to update R/C and A/C firmware when WiFi was made - the current firmware is V 01.00.0400 for both.

Keeping WiFi turned off on CS until this sorts itself out...

Can anyone speak to what the latest firmware release is for the M2E?

Could not find the info on DJI's website.

Hyperlase works fine w/ the M2E - the compiled footage and discrete pictures are retained on the SD card.

Cannot tell if Go4 thinks the A/C is the M2P or the M2Z - the camera modes likely give a clue, but haven'y spent the discovery time on this.

There are a few residual effects when switching from Pilot to Go4 - if for instance the strobe beacon is mounted, Go4 will strobe the under-belly LED much like is available to toggle on/off in Pilot, but the attachment strobe is not recognized.

Digital zoom is altered as one would think but no zoom power indication is displayed hence the confusion on which A/C the M2E emulates when running Go4.

The camera exposure settings all seem to work, which will be the biggest benefit. My gut says this is short lived because of dated / buggy firmware - do appreciate if someone can confirm cross functionality w/ their M2E.

Going this weekend to help a first timer with his M2E. Does the M2E take the same FW as the other M2s , zoom and pro?? And is that process the same using DJI Assistant?? Thx

Don’t tell DJI that GO4 works with the M2E...they’ll fix it.
LOL

No luck with Go4 on my end, although managed some autonomous flying with Litchi app. If it worked for you could you advise please if you are on iOS or android? I believe recent android pilot app update includes waypoints capability.

I get lost very very quickly with this stuff., but I just flew a night flight there and the pilot app has certainly changed a bit..! I'm sure it didn't have Timelapse before...i like litchi but not been able to get familiar with it yet..

I get lost very very quickly with this stuff., but I just flew a night flight there and the pilot app has certainly changed a bit..! I'm sure it didn't have Timelapse before...i like litchi but not been able to get familiar with it yet..

Any chance you might share a screenshot? Mine definitely doesn’t have timelapse

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000