DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a Job Teaching Drone 101 ( "Ground School" )

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
My son goes to a kids tech center a couple times a week after school. They do programming, robotics, and various other tech stuff. My son was talking to his teacher (the owner) about flying the Mavic with me and all the stuff it can do.

Long story short, after talking about liability, FAA, etc we decided to start off doing a "Drone 101" ground school only for parents & kids. I'm still working on the curriculum, but it will contain an overview of the drone market from $20-$2000, basic information on how a quad works, and of course the rules.

After we see what the kids who sign up want to do next we may move on to building, racing or programming missions and such.

Anyway, really excited to do this. The trick is to make it fun and engaging so I don't lose them. :oops:

My son goes to a kids tech center a couple times a week after school. They do programming, robotics, and various other tech stuff. My son was talking to his teacher (the owner) about flying the Mavic with me and all the stuff it can do.

Long story short, after talking about liability, FAA, etc we decided to start off doing a "Drone 101" ground school only for parents & kids. I'm still working on the curriculum, but it will contain an overview of the drone market from $20-$2000, basic information on how a quad works, and of course the rules.

After we see what the kids who sign up want to do next we may move on to building, racing or programming missions and such.

Anyway, really excited to do this. The trick is to make it fun and engaging so I don't lose them. :oops:

I'm sure seeing a drone fly a mission that they have created will be engaging enough. :)

This is excellent! Be prepared for the kids quickly surpassing your knowledge and flying skills. Young, elastic minds work so much better, especially when they're engaged.

Reactions: Former Member
been doing this for 10 years at my school. Happy to help if you want help with curriculum

Post a request to have folks on this site donate their WORKING drones that they are no longer using.

I am working on the same curriculum, but for a different audience. I have to teach firefighters how to pass part 107.

Did you pass the FAA BGI or AGI exam?

No. Until right now I did not know this existed.

I'll research more, but are these exams geared at all towards uav pilot instruction or more for instructors who teach required classroom hours for manned aircraft pilots?

I am working on this class in conjunction with a certified Ems instructor coordinator and fire instructor.

Did you pass the FAA BGI or AGI exam?
He doesn't need to pass the BGI or AGI exam, he is just teaching a group of kids and or parents basics about quads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh