DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got attacked by eagle.... scared the crap put of me!!

NEW UPDATE! Damage did happen, glad I caught this before flight!
So I took off all 4 propellers and attached 4 new ones just in cause there was any cracks etc etc from the impact of this eagle. When I took off the rear right propeller I noticed there was only two locking catches on the propeller!!!!! I GOT REAL LUCKY this this did not fly off!!!!! Anyways word of advice to the newer guys here, ALWAYS do you pre flight checks and include checking those propellers!.IMG_1673.JPG

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE! Damage did happen, glad I caught this before flight!
So I took off all 4 propellers and attached 4 new ones just in cause there was any cracks etc etc from the impact of this eagle. When I took off the rear right propeller I noticed there was only two locking catches on the propeller!!!!! I GOT REAL LUCKY this this did not fly off!!!!! Anyways word of advice to the newer guys here, ALWAYS do you pro flight checks and include checking those propellers!.View attachment 23215

Did you get the plastic tab out of the motor? That will also cause crash, even if you put new propellers on.

My mavic got attacked by a eagle a few days ago, here is some pictures from the ground. I have video of it getting attacked but when i try to upload it here it says the video is to big? Its only 28 mgs..... :-( View attachment 23162 View attachment 23163 View attachment 23164 View attachment 23165 View attachment 23166

Whew, you're one very LUCKY pilot!
I had a similar attack by a Hawk. A friend saw it coming and yelled to warn me. As soon as I saw it coming, it was a good decision that I pushed straight UP to avoid the bird (picture). As the bird was searching, I quickly evaded and landed it. Lucky that I was flying within LOI.

Btw, I was using my P3A when this happened.

Excuse the quality of the pic...it was taken with an iPhone and cropped.

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 161
Yeah I have problem with hawks all the time here In Vegas... I’m always scared! I always keep a lookout for hawks ... when I see one coming after My mavic I go straight in to sport mode and fly up and back to me and most time hawks gets spooked. I only had one hawk actually chase it in sport mode the hawk was keeping up with it... but it then flew away because I was going like 40 plus my direction yelling get out here

But honestly I hate it, the only problem I have with my mavic is hawks... evening and early morning don’t really see them... but mid day yep here it comes.... it will look super clear nothing out and see a random hawk

I would throw on the afterburners and GTFO of there:D:D

But awesome video! Thumbswayup

Whew, you're one very LUCKY pilot!
I had a similar attack by a Hawk. A friend saw it coming and yelled to warn me. As soon as I saw it coming, it was a good decision that I pushed straight UP to avoid the bird (picture). As the bird was searching, I quickly evaded and landed it. Lucky that I was flying within LOI.

Btw, I was using my P3A when this happened.

Excuse the quality of the pic...it was taken with an iPhone and cropped.
Yikes!!! your heart starts pumping fast when this happens!!

Yeah I have problem with hawks all the time here In Vegas... I’m always scared! I always keep a lookout for hawks ... when I see one coming after My mavic I go straight in to sport mode and fly up and back to me and most time hawks gets spooked. I only had one hawk actually chase it in sport mode the hawk was keeping up with it... but it then flew away because I was going like 40 plus my direction yelling get out here

But honestly I hate it, the only problem I have with my mavic is hawks... evening and early morning don’t really see them... but mid day yep here it comes.... it will look super clear nothing out and see a random hawk

I guess more especially when their watching over their nests! D)

"Paging DJI"!
Maybe, an option for the MAVIC PLATINUM "2"?

Reactions: diveinstructor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002