DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got brave and updated my firmware this morning

AlanL

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I got brave this morning and updated my RC Pro controller to 1.7.8 and my M3 to 01.00.0800 with RC firmware 03.01.1000 after reading about the new release this morning. Took it out for a brief flight (13 minutes) from my driveway and saw no problems with either the remote or the drone. Airsense is enabled on the M3. The RC Pro seems to be loading quicker than what I was seeing with 1.7.4.

I was hesitant to jump onto the upgrade train given all of the issues I read about for 1.7.5 but decided someone had to give it a go for 1.7.8 so why not.

Does it also do fw updates on the batteries?

I haven't seen any messages indicating that it was needed. I have swapped in all 3 of my batteries this morning and when I just now tried the last one I saw nothing indicating that any action was necessary.

I got brave this morning and updated my RC Pro controller to 1.7.8 and my M3 to 01.00.0800 with RC firmware 03.01.1000 after reading about the new release this morning. Took it out for a brief flight (13 minutes) from my driveway and saw no problems with either the remote or the drone. Airsense is enabled on the M3. The RC Pro seems to be loading quicker than what I was seeing with 1.7.4.

I was hesitant to jump onto the upgrade train given all of the issues I read about for 1.7.5 but decided someone had to give it a go for 1.7.8 so why not.
Thanks a lot for the update! I have been running 1.7.0 until this was sorted out. Glad it seems to be working!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom