DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

Anyone have issues with the underwriter asking for a purchase receipt with the serial number on it? I bought mine at Newegg and the receipt doesn't show the serial number. Do most receipts even have the serial number?

Anyone have issues with the underwriter asking for a purchase receipt with the serial number on it? I bought mine at Newegg and the receipt doesn't show the serial number. Do most receipts even have the serial number?

My State Farm agent underwriters asked for one too and I didnt provide one. I purchased mine from BestBuy and it doesnt show the SN on the receipt, but they were still able to insure my MP.

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
My State Farm agent underwriters asked for one too and I didnt provide one. I purchased mine from BestBuy and it doesnt show the SN on the receipt, but they were still able to insure my MP.

Your serial number for the drone is in the drone. Is that serial number you guys keep talking about?

Your serial number for the drone is in the drone. Is that serial number you guys keep talking about?

Our SF agent asked for the SN that's on the receipt. NewEgg and BestBuy doesnt put the SN of the MP on the receipts. I know for sure my BestBuy receipt didnt have a SN on it, just the SKU.

I believe that's what he's asking.

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Our SF agent asked for the SN that's on the receipt. NewEgg and BestBuy dont have the SN of the MP on the receipts. I know for sure my BestBuy receipt didnt have a SN on it, just the SKU.

I believe that's what he's asking.

Oh ok. I was asked for the drone's serial number not the receipt.

I purchased my mavic from NewEgg as well. And have it insured through State Farm. You can find the serial number on the box as well.

I purchased my mavic from NewEgg as well. And have it insured through State Farm. You can find the serial number on the box as well.
Yeah I took a picture of the box with the serial number sticker and the shipping box with my name and address on it. Hopefully that will be enough.

Remember - if you can afford to replace your Mavic then insurance is not the best option. Much better to take same amount you'd pay someone like SF and put it the bank - in essence, self insured.

T

Remember - if you can afford to replace your Mavic then insurance is not the best option. Much better to take same amount you'd pay someone like SF and put it the bank - in essence, self insured.

T

Uh, wut? Come on, do the math.

Yea even Homer Simpson could do that math!! $60 a year and no deductible with no questions asked when you file a claim.... That isn't even fuzzy math! :)

T
At 30 dollars a year for insurance and you think putting it in a bank is a better option? LOL!!!

I fly commercially Part 107 the cost of the annual policy through Travers Aviation is $663.00 p/year it includes.
$ 1,000,000.00 in Liability / Property Damage
$ 5,000.00 Medical ( should you nick someone with a prop )
Replacement Cost for my P3P including camera ( which is considered payload )

I can swap out the drone at anytime ( takes 24 hours ) but you can only have 1 drone under the policy at any given time, therefore opted for the Mavic thru State Farm
$1,200.00 to replace the drone $ 63.00 p/year ( End up with an extra controller should a loss occur )

Hmm, I emailed my local SF agent and she just got back to me with $75 a year $0 deductible with $1299 coverage (cost of the fly more combo)

This is in Orlando, FL

I didn't specify whether or not I wanted a Personal Articles Policy, just stayed I wanted coverage for a new drone and that's what they came back with.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown