DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Salt Lake Colors

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
This isolation stuff has been driving me crazy, so I packed my Mavic up and headed out to the Great Salt Lake last night. I was there earlier than usual and the light allowed me to catch the distinct reddish color that one part of the lake has compared to the more normal-looking blue on the other side of the causeway. It was good to get out and editing the video gave me something to do while sitting around the house. Not my best stuff, just due to conditions, but hopefully, it will be a distraction for some of you who are facing the same isolation orders. Be well, friends!

This isolation stuff has been driving me crazy, so I packed my Mavic up and headed out to the Great Salt Lake last night. I was there earlier than usual and the light allowed me to catch the distinct reddish color that one part of the lake has compared to the more normal-looking blue on the other side of the causeway. It was good to get out and editing the video gave me something to do while sitting around the house. Not my best stuff, just due to conditions, but hopefully, it will be a distraction for some of you who are facing the same isolation orders. Be well, friends!

You are fortunate in having access to wide open spaces with no overhead obstructions (e.g.: trees, power lines). Very nice filming. My image was a tad on the dark side-needing some increase in exposure of contrast.Maybe just my screen. Nice calming music. Keep up the filming. We all need it. I am spending a ton of time on this site now.

Reactions: E90RAW
nice , been by there about like a remember , how does a guy upload videos
I thought one of the moderaters would have answered. You cannot upload a video directly to this forum. First, you upload to You Tube or Vimeo, then post the link on this forum, and voila, it will appear as a banner.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
You are fortunate in having access to wide open spaces with no overhead obstructions (e.g.: trees, power lines). Very nice filming. My image was a tad on the dark side-needing some increase in exposure of contrast.Maybe just my screen. Nice calming music. Keep up the filming. We all need it. I am spending a ton of time on this site now.

Thanks, Dale! I've had a few comments about the video being kind of dark. I'm still a color grading novice, but I've got all the time in the world to practice now and I'm improving little by little. I tweaked some more color settings in my project and re-rendered it. Does this look better?

Reactions: Thomas B and E90RAW
Thanks, Dale! I've had a few comments about the video being kind of dark. I'm still a color grading novice, but I've got all the time in the world to practice now and I'm improving little by little. I tweaked some more color settings in my project and re-rendered it. Does this look better?

Holy cow! I didn't want you to go back and re-work it on my account but I watched it all over and it is only about 1000% better! You have managed to fix it. Or as we say in Miami, it is "Mucho Major.!"Please do not re-work it again but is there a sharpening slider in your software? It is still a tiny bit soft. This would be a good piece to practice on since it is only 1:33 minutes long. On my color correcting panel (Premiere Pro) I have numerous color adjustment panels- here is the "Creative" panel opened up to show the sharpening slider. (This is an old image that I use for screen saver taken of Cerro Torre in Patagonia), Argentina. The other drop down color panels (Basic Correction,etc. ) are closed but they contain the usual adjustments, such as saturation, shadows, etc.

Dale
Miami
=Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 3.38.40 PM.jpg

Reactions: flycajun
I am spending a ton of time on this site now.

As we all get tighter regulations and more restricted in our daily lives, this site and others like it will get so much more activity.

Can you imagine how much YouTube views will have gone up during the past weeks ?
Not to mention their ad revenue !!

Pray the internet stays active, if that were to go, then there would be a lot of people really going stir crazy !!

I thought one of the moderaters would have answered. You cannot upload a video directly to this forum. First, you upload to You Tube or Vimeo, then post the link on this forum, and voila, it will appear as a banner.
now how to go that

now how to go that

do that ?

A little editing is normally required, get the video down to a reasonable size / time to upload.
For first vids, stick to under a minute, perhaps some flight mode shots etc.
You can clip videos in the DJI software (Go4 or Fly apps), or use a very simple editor like ios iMovie, I'm sure android would have something similar.
Avoid full editing apps / programmes until you get a grasp, they appear daunting when first looking at them (though there are many tutorials for most editors online via YouTube).

You have a Youtube account ?
If so, click the little camera image (upload video icon) in the top right area of the YT page.
(If you don't have a YouTube account, create one, and gmail etc is handy anyway.)

It should flow from clicking the add video icon pretty easily, you can edit titles and things later, make the video public, or via link, or totally private.
You can add music there too, experiment a little, you probably have more time to learn now !!

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
do that ?

A little editing is normally required, get the video down to a reasonable size / time to upload.
For first vids, stick to under a minute, perhaps some flight mode shots etc.
You can clip videos in the DJI software (Go4 or Fly apps), or use a very simple editor like ios iMovie, I'm sure android would have something similar.
Avoid full editing apps / programmes until you get a grasp, they appear daunting when first looking at them (though there are many tutorials for most editors online via YouTube).

You have a Youtube account ?
If so, click the little camera image (upload video icon) in the top right area of the YT page.
(If you don't have a YouTube account, create one, and gmail etc is handy anyway.)

It should flow from clicking the add video icon pretty easily, you can edit titles and things later, make the video public, or via link, or totally private.
You can add music there too, experiment a little, you probably have more time to learn now !!
thanks for taking time out for this i appreciate it been doing alot of miles looking for sheds so not much editing of films that would be intresting but maybe i,ll take a little time for some landscape here in NM

Holy cow! I didn't want you to go back and re-work it on my account but I watched it all over and it is only about 1000% better! You have managed to fix it. Or as we say in Miami, it is "Mucho Major.!"Please do not re-work it again but is there a sharpening slider in your software? It is still a tiny bit soft. This would be a good piece to practice on since it is only 1:33 minutes long. On my color correcting panel (Premiere Pro) I have numerous color adjustment panels- here is the "Creative" panel opened up to show the sharpening slider. (This is an old image that I use for screen saver taken of Cerro Torre in Patagonia), Argentina. The other drop down color panels (Basic Correction,etc. ) are closed but they contain the usual adjustments, such as saturation, shadows, etc.

Dale
Miami
=View attachment 97468

Wow! I’d sure love to get to Patagonia someday! I will have to look for the sharpening tools in DaVinci. I’m sure they’re there, but that Color tab is like NASA mission control ? I really appreciate you watching and giving me feedback. I may as well be learning, practicing and improving while I’m stuck at home with nothing but time.

As we all get tighter regulations and more restricted in our daily lives, this site and others like it will get so much more activity.

Can you imagine how much YouTube views will have gone up during the past weeks ?
Not to mention their ad revenue !!

Pray the internet stays active, if that were to go, then there would be a lot of people really going stir crazy !!
No doubt! I’ve been here and YouTube and everywhere online since I can’t get out. My devices reported my screen usage was up some astronomical amount last week. But it’s because it’s the only way we can all connect right now. Sure am glad the Internet is there for all of us!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
But it’s because it’s the only way we can all connect right now. Sure am glad the Internet is there for all of us!

Yes !
In a real sense, the World suddenly got a lot 'bigger' again (travel), but the internet can keep it smaller in an information way.
Being informed about this (and other matters) is vital to educating people about the situations as they develop.

Sorry your great video post has gone a bit off track.
So much in our lives now is going to come back to what's happening around us.

Just beautiful, well done appropriate music.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi