DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grounded DJI drones in 2020

Drone ID is already built in to the Mavic 1 & 2, but I have never filled it in.

The CAA & FAA might decide that a drone with ID must switch it on and also fill in their registration number on the aircraft in future.

I have n't read any discussion on the Drone ID and if anyone enables it and fills the information in. It's first item in the aircraft settings from memory.

Anyone have views on this ?

Even some government agencies have cleared the. DJI Government Edition for use — no data transmission detected other than telemetry to RC.

Just racist paranoia.

Even some government agencies have cleared the. DJI Government Edition for use — no data transmission detected other than telemetry to RC.

Just racist paranoia.

That's correct - but unfortunately not all of them. Racism has nothing to do with it though.

Reactions: OldSouthDuffer
Sure it does.... they are only singling our Asian makers. Plenty of IT holds / transmits data. It’s just yet another political pop at China

That doesn't follow. Firstly, China is one of two main countries of concern regarding espionage. Secondly, government agencies were not buying drones made elsewhere. Thirdly, the fact that IT vulnerabilities are not uniformly or consistently addressed doesn't imply any specific motivations where they are addressed. Lastly, are you suggesting that all political disputes with another countries must be racist in origin?

Reactions: OldSouthDuffer
Sure it does.... they are only singling our Asian makers. Plenty of IT holds / transmits data. It’s just yet another political pop at China
China is being singled out for political, financial, and security reasons. Not an issue of race.

China is being singled out

Well I am sure we will not agree, however racism has a variety of definitions I guess. Suffice it to say that the reason for taking against one nation or another can be dressed up to suit and certain nations are infamous for twisting truths to suit a political agenda and pointing the finger overseas instead of reviewing their own foreign policies.

Who decides which ‘nation is a main concern for espionage’ anyhow and based upon what criteria and undisclosed motives?

I think we can perhaps agree that these decisions are often viewed differently with the clarification historical perspective brings.

Well I am sure we will not agree, however racism has a variety of definitions I guess. Suffice it to say that the reason for taking against one nation or another can be dressed up to suit and certain nations are infamous for twisting truths to suit a political agenda and pointing the finger overseas instead of reviewing their own foreign policies.

Who decides which ‘nation is a main concern for espionage’ anyhow and based upon what criteria and undisclosed motives?

I think we can perhaps agree that these decisions are often viewed differently with the clarification historical perspective brings.

OK - that's enough non sequiturs and conspiracy theories.

Several US Government Departments have prohibited the purchase and use of DJI aircraft, based on various data security concerns. The rules, application and justification are inconsistent, although there is now a Senate Bill attempting to put a blanket ban on government use. However, there is no prospect of any kind of restriction on private use of DJI aircraft, so your source is wrong.

That was my reading of the various reports and articles as well... the U.S. gov will not by DJI; no impact on private entities or companies buying them (e.g., not going to be an import ban, at lease not base on security issues... but could happen for other geopolitical or economic reasons, e.g., trade war expansion).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead