DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

H.265 Codec and MacBook Pro

Hey guys,

I have following issue:
I bought a few days ago a Mavic Pro 2 and did my first flight yesterday. I recorded in H.265 Coded, DLOG-M, 4K/25fps. As I came home I was really frustrated... the videos are extrem stuttering.
My MacBook Pro has a 2,9 GHz Dual‑Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz, 256 GB SSD, Intel Iris Graphics 550.
When I'm changing the codec to H.264 the videos are smooth and I have no problems. I've tried different players (VLC, QuickTime, Elmedia) with no difference. macOS and all players are up to date.
Is my MacBook to old?? I'm really confused... this MBP is just two years old. I really want the 10bit information. Hope there is a solution for my problem!
I found a fix. So little backstory. Ive been using my fuji, gopro and samsung all hvec H.265 codec video files and most recently dji air 2s with 5k hvec but set to MOV not MP4 under video settings, but recently switched it to MP4 not realizing on a trip that i switched it (that might of been the problem). but anyways all the videos when transferred to my Mac (2012 with upgraded ram and sdd) would be choppy and basically couldnt play or edit the videos so ive been using adobe media encoder to basically covert all the hvec files to apple pro ress 422 proxy and then they would be fine and i could edit. So heres where my problem came in. i used the encoder for the fuji and phone videos and they came out just fine but when i tried with the drone footage with the encoder they didnt work or play back (now im thinking its cus it was mp4) so i found another solution.. i got the app ''Compressor''. which you can get in the app store and you add your hvec video file too it and you add the setting as apple pro res 422 proxy. itl convert the file and then you can play it back fine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 9.10.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 9.10.32 PM.png
    414 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure