DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hacking max altitude on newer Mavic Pros fail

trelliz

Reactions
I have just learned the hard way that newer models of mavic pros (with initial 1.3.1 FW or newer) cannot be simply downgraded, but must also be disassembled and an extra micro sd card must be inserted in order for the drone to work. Otherwise you will get "cannot take off message" and sd card error message.
It was also discussed on reddit: Suggestions please! Mavic pro is locked and cannot take off after mod • r/DJIUnlocked

You would be correct.

I found this out by trying to revert the firmware, and having it unable to fly, THEN doing my research... :(

But I was keen to keep the reverted firmware, so undertook the disassembly to insert the SD card. Wasn't too hard - there's a few videos around on how to disassemble (only do the top shell, you don't have to remove the lower casing!). The most difficult/time consuming/stressful part was removing the silicone-type stuff from the empty SD card socket, and working out how to open the tray. Again, research and Youtube are your friends...

Happy to dig out the specific references I used, if you're keen to do it... otherwise you should be able to revert to more recent firmware to get a flying bird again (I did, before I had a go at it again).

Good, make it harder. Hell, I'd be all for DJI detecting it and completely shutting down the aircraft unless you submit a reason as to why you're trying to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000