DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone able to integrade barcode scanning into a Mavic Pro?

Bolifa02

Reactions
I have successfully created the DJI UX SDK application and installed into an iPad - Application is running and bind to the drone. I like to add the barcode scanning capabilities.

I expect you want to scan through the existing camera ?
There would be barcode readers you could run separately fitted to the top of the M1P (or other such), and use a seperate app ?
There are existing warehouse solutions that must use barcodes or other type of scanning, but these are very autonomous, more so than the usual DJI consumer drones.

This one uses the M2 . . .

This looks like a M2Z . . .

Skydio have been onto autonomous solutions for a while, since the Skydio 1 . . .

The Skydio 2 is also a great warehouse drone, I imagine better is some ways than the DJI range, as DJI would likely need a lot more in the way of beacon set up to ensure the drones were spot on where they should be.
They have a dock in the making, if not already on the market.

I expect you want to scan through the existing camera ?
There would be barcode readers you could run separately fitted to the top of the M1P (or other such), and use a seperate app ?
There are existing warehouse solutions that must use barcodes or other type of scanning, but these are very autonomous, more so than the usual DJI consumer drones.

This one uses the M2 . . .

This looks like a M2Z . . .

Skydio have been onto autonomous solutions for a while, since the Skydio 1 . . .

The Skydio 2 is also a great warehouse drone, I imagine better is some ways than the DJI range, as DJI would likely need a lot more in the way of beacon set up to ensure the drones were spot on where they should be.
They have a dock in the making, if not already on the market.

Thank you for sharing these websites and information with alternatives companies already running and selling drones with the barcode scanning feature. I am trying to do it with my drone using the onboard camera on an iPad as displaying the application.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thank you for sharing these websites and information with alternatives companies already running and selling drones with the barcode scanning feature. I am trying to do it with my drone using the onboard camera on an iPad as displaying the application.

So I imagine you need to develop an app yourself (or contract out) then, like Litchi etc, where it can actually give you flight capability of the M1P, and also run a barcode scanning system.
It will be a challenge, unless you are a very experienced app developer.

Many people get overseas contractors to do the app development . . . for example I've seen ads from India of app developers that will work with someone to make a completely new app, and the labour costs are quite low (but great by the developers country standards).
I guess you need to work out the next step as to doing it yourself or contracting it out.

Not sure how many on the forum have such experience, but I hope someone can help you here.
All the best with your plans.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic