Has anyone traveled to Brazil or Canada recently?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by FlyingRod, Jun 29, 2017.

1. FlyingRod

FlyingRod Member

Hi!
    Has anyone traveled to Brazil or Canada recently?
    I'm trying to gather some information on how and where to register a drone, and other possible requirements in those countries... Any solid information is welcome!
    Thanks in advance!
    Rod.

2. Atredz

Atredz Member

just back from a 4 week trip in bazil. Didn't register or anything an went true customs without a second look. There is a registration website but it doesn't even work for locals let alone for tourist.

didn't discharge battery's but i did put them in a lipo bag. In amsterdam they took lot of interest in the mavic but in the 4 airports i passed true in brazil they didn't looked twice

where are you going in brazil?

3. FlyingRod

FlyingRod Member

I'll be flying to Sao Paulo (where I have most of my concerns when it comes to registration), and then Manaus (there I'm sure I won't need anything, specially in middle of nowhere).
    thanks for the reply!

4. Top Hat

Top Hat Well-Known Member

Just came back from Canada by car with my MP didn't get to fly much coz companions are always in a rush. But did managed to got it up at Victoria for a full battery flight over at Burnside Gorge if I remember the name correctly. Absolutely a no no at Butchart Garden.

5. Top Hat

Top Hat Well-Known Member

Forgot to add that drones are also not allowed at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.

FlyingRod likes this.
  6. Erick705

Erick705 Member

FlyingRod likes this.
  7. FlyingRod

FlyingRod Member