DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried to get permission for flying in Zambia or Madagascar

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I've been trying, through a third party, and directly with embassies in D.C. to get permits to fly in Zambia and Madagfascar next September 2019. Not getting muchsuccess. Has anyone had the opportunity to fly there or tried to get a permit there. Using Mavic Air for hobby tourism photography.

Any luck? Did you take it?
Just now checked in to my hotel room in Lusaka, Zambia. Starting safari tomorrow in South Luangwa. Took the Mavic but haven't opened it up yet. After 6 days here we go to Madagascar.Can't tell what is going to happen yet. Fingers crossed.

Just now checked in to my hotel room in Lusaka, Zambia. Starting safari tomorrow in South Luangwa. Took the Mavic but haven't opened it up yet. After 6 days here we go to Madagascar.Can't tell what is going to happen yet. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed! I head out to Lusaka soon, I'm going to risk it...

Here is an update. As I am writing this I am in a lodge on the banks of the South Luangwa River in Zambia. The river right in front of me is filled with hippos and crocs. Of course, stupid me, no drones are allowed in national parks here too(South Luangwa National Park). The lodge operator is absolutely strict about this and won't let me even take an overtire of the lodge. The lodge is not even in the park! Looks like I packed the drone and carried it all the way fromMiami for nothing. Maybe there will be better luck in Madagascar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78