DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Australia

Jorgeo65

Reactions
Hello from Australia
needed a new hobby after giving up enduro riding, wife says I'm to reckless and old to keep riding, and after breaking a few ribs last year and getting a angle grinder disc stuck in my head a few months ago, I think she might be right. so I went out today a bought myself a mavic 2 zoom. looking forward to all the good advice on this forum to keep my expensive toy safe.

Hello from Australia
needed a new hobby after giving up enduro riding, wife says I'm to reckless and old to keep riding, and after breaking a few ribs last year and getting a angle grinder disc stuck in my head a few months ago, I think she might be right. so I went out today a bought myself a mavic 2 zoom. looking forward to all the good advice on this forum to keep my expensive toy safe.
Howdy from Wyoming @, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. If you are old enough to afford a drone you are too old to be doing enduro, that is a young mans game, and unfortunately we all reach an age where are bones stop bending and start snapping. Now as far as the grinder disc.... not sure what you were doing there but hopefully you were wearing safety goggles. You live in an area where you can get saltie videos?

Reactions: Jorgeo65
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Howdy from Wyoming @, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. If you are old enough to afford a drone you are too old to be doing enduro, that is a young mans game, and unfortunately we all reach an age where are bones stop bending and start snapping. Now as far as the grinder disc.... not sure what you were doing there but hopefully you were wearing safety goggles. You live in an area where you can get saltie videos?

Hahahaha had a good laugh at this comment, I have 2 x KTM dirt bikes in the garage gathering dust, 1 too many busted collar bones.

Hahahaha had a good laugh at this comment, I have 2 x KTM dirt bikes in the garage gathering dust, 1 too many busted collar bones.
I have an old BMW Paris-Dakar sitting in the garage as well; not going to sell it but the girlfriend will not let me ride it.

the grinder incident was a stupid thing i did that nearly cost me my life. needed to cut a storm water pipe that was still in the ground, so i grabbed my grinder and put a very old over sized blade on it, blade hit a rock, shattered and a large piece got lodged in my temple.
very lucky to be alive.

the grinder incident was a stupid thing i did that nearly cost me my life. needed to cut a storm water pipe that was still in the ground, so i grabbed my grinder and put a very old over sized blade on it, blade hit a rock, shattered and a large piece got lodged in my temple.
very lucky to be alive.
Yes you are lucky, I once had a table saw blade shatter on a spike in an old board. One piece of the blade nipped the side of my safety goggles and cut the strap holding them on my head, that was a close one. Glad you are alive and partaking of the forum.

Gday. there are a few Aussies on here. one tip is to watch as many YouTube videos as possible and take flying in very small steps and make sure that you master each step before trying something new . we all want to get out and make epic videos but there are so many stories about things that went wrong. they are too expensive to smash up

thanks for the advice mate, i bought a bugs 5w a few weeks ago, great drone for $200, have been practicing with it. have had a few close calls with it, wrecked a few blades running into walls and i even managed to land it in the pool, luckily it flew back out, spewing I wasn't recording at the time.

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
Welcome. The Mavic 2 Zoom might be an expensive toy, but certainly cheaper than your previous hobby, with hospital bills...
Although, I would think a racing drone would be more suitable if you like your adrenaline rush. But they dont have the range and smarts as the Mavic.

yea thinking about racing drones, but i like the way you can explore with the mavic, especially if using googles. I'm into photography, so hopefully it suits me.
still waiting for my drone, was supposed to come today, now they tell me could be another 2 days, not happy.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2Z, Fly safe and have fun!

Hello from Australia

Welcome and wishing you many hours of happy flying.
Watch out for the props, they can get imbedded in ya skull too... lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas