DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brighton (UK)

LEZ90

Reactions
Hi,
This is my first post.
I'm an ex private pilot and a petrol head that drives across Europe at least twice a year (pandemic permitting) and have been wanting to buy a drone for years to record my trips.

I recently brought a DJI Mini 2 and I absolutely love it. All the fun of flying without the costs. I knew I would enjoy flying it, but I'm surprised how much I'm getting into the filming & editing side of it. I finding myself more and more thinking of shots I could use in different locations. A bit more practice and I'll be ready for when Steven Spielberg calls me up to help him with his next blockbuster.

I was worried about the publics reactions when your flying, but so far everyone has been inquisitive and positive and a lot of them want you to take a picture of their house. I've also met some other drone pilots who obviously have joined the 'drone police' (you get them in light aviation as well). You know the type, 40+ years old - still live with mum and want to double check that you have torqued the lid onto you bottle of orange juice to the manufacture recommendations lol.

I'm really looking forward to learning the art of film making this year ahead of my next trip.
I originally brought the fly more kit, but since then have purchased an extra battery (now have 4), a hood, taken out took out global insurance and have read up on flight restrictions abroad so I'm good to go. I cant wait to film this, hopefully later this year.

stelvio.JPG

Heres a couple of first attempts, any advice would be appreciated.
Rottingdean
Newhaven

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from the Crossroads of America LEZ90.

Super cool picture. ?

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

That's the Stelvio pass if I'm not mistaken... me & my wife drove through there a couple years ago with our motorbikes... she was terrified :eek:
You correct. I found the walls were too high in a car and blocked the view around the bends so you had to go slower then normal, I find the Furka, Susten and Grimsel passes much better.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998