DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cape Canaveral

WildGoose

Reactions
I’ve been playing this for several weeks and I’m now starting to bump in to the FAA TFRS and DJI being overly aggressive and handing out their blue no fly zone’s anybody else have issues with this. Thsir Geo fencing Around restricted (Official authorisation required) flying zones i.e. around airports and other restricted areas are somewhat frustrating when it comes to TFRs. For example, Kennedy has 3 TFRs as scheduled but they all occur between 11 at night and 4 o’clock in the morning yet DJI has the area locked down.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . 👍

Hello from the Crossroads of America WildGoose.

I'm thankful I live and fly in class G airspace. :)

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I’ve been playing this for several weeks and I’m now starting to bump in to the FAA TFRS and DJI being overly aggressive and handing out their blue no fly zone’s anybody else have issues with this. Thsir Geo fencing Around restricted (Official authorisation required) flying zones i.e. around airports and other restricted areas are somewhat frustrating when it comes to TFRs. For example, Kennedy has 3 TFRs as scheduled but they all occur between 11 at night and 4 o’clock in the morning yet DJI has the area locked down.
Welcome to the forum. DJI Geo Zones are in effect near Airports and other installations (such as Kennedy) - regardless of any TFR's that may also cover a given area. There is currently a very large TFR that covers a large section of the eastern side of Florida (see below photo - not yet activated). I also live in an area that will fall under this TFR. However, since that is not yet in effect, and I am not near a regular Geo zone, I do not get those warnings as I just made a flight.

To see the DJI Geo zones , check this link and see which zone affects you.
DJI GEO ZONES NEAR COCOA
MapSpace.jpg

This map shows ONLY the forthcoming TFR - Not the DJI Geo zones.
Airspace2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from the mountains of Western NC.

Many of us have or had issues with DJI's overly aggressive "geofencing" thing. Easiest way I and others have found around the issue is to be constantly logged into your DJI account and when the "restricted" message pops up - typically agreeing to it gives you the unlock from DJI. Also have to be logged in when using LAANC authorization codes as well, so beneficial to stay logged in and not have to worry in the field when trying to fly.

Welcome to the forum. DJI Geo Zones are in effect near Airports and other installations (such as Kennedy) - regardless of any TFR's that may also cover a given area. There is currently a very large TFR that covers a large section of the eastern side of Florida (see below photo - not yet activated). I also live in an area that will fall under this TFR. However, since that is not yet in effect, and I am not near a regular Geo zone, I do not get those warnings as I just made a flight.

To see the DJI Geo zones , check this link and see which zone affects you.
DJI GEO ZONES NEAR COCOA
View attachment 137608

This map shows ONLY the forthcoming TFR - Not the DJI Geo zones.
View attachment 137607
Thanks for the link. All in my area are jails / prisons that have restrictions, but very small areas and I don't fly around them anyway. Otherwise miles and miles of clear fly zones in Western NC.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman