DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Central Oregon

oreddie

Reactions
Greetings,

Wonder-filled Christmas gift and big surprise when I unwrapped my Mavic 2 Pro Christmas morning. I'm a former commercial pilot - mostly flying "small" single and multi engine fixed wing in the Alaska bush and flight instructor for single and multiengine airplanes. I also have a moderate amount of experience flying electric RC airplanes.

I must admit to being more than a bit overwhelmed with the tech involved in the M2P; my adult kids had it up and flying in minutes. Now that they've gone home I'm watching videos, reading manuals, picking up checklists and hanger flying stories. I haven't flown since the kids went home. I have a trip to the Oregon coast coming up in mid-January and plan to do most of my initial training on empty beaches. :)

Thanks for having me in the group.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome!

Make sure to connect to your Mavic 2 Pro from your remote controller and DJIGO4 before you head out for the trip. Reason: If there are any needed updates its better to do them at home if you decide to upgrade the firmware. Rather than being out on vacation and having a message about needing an upgrade. I dont like being at the mercy of slow WiFi in hotels and having to deal with unknowns.

You could also visit the DJI GeoFencing web page and type in the addresses of the places you intend to fly and determine if there are any Restricted Zones that you will not be able to fly in.
Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings,

Wonder-filled Christmas gift and big surprise when I unwrapped my Mavic 2 Pro Christmas morning. I'm a former commercial pilot - mostly flying "small" single and multi engine fixed wing in the Alaska bush and flight instructor for single and multiengine airplanes. I also have a moderate amount of experience flying electric RC airplanes.

I must admit to being more than a bit overwhelmed with the tech involved in the M2P; my adult kids had it up and flying in minutes. Now that they've gone home I'm watching videos, reading manuals, picking up checklists and hanger flying stories. I haven't flown since the kids went home. I have a trip to the Oregon coast coming up in mid-January and plan to do most of my initial training on empty beaches. :)

Thanks for having me in the group.
Howdy from Wyoming @oreddie , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome from Portland. Our family has beach house in Lincoln City, due west of Salem. I look forward to flying along the shore there also. Some pretty scenic small, rocky islands just off shore that hopefully will make some good footage and provide a backdrop for practicing video composition skills.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome!

Make sure to connect to your Mavic 2 Pro from your remote controller and DJIGO4 before you head out for the trip. Reason: If there are any needed updates its better to do them at home if you decide to upgrade the firmware. Rather than being out on vacation and having a message about needing an upgrade. I dont like being at the mercy of slow WiFi in hotels and having to deal with unknowns.

You could also visit the DJI GeoFencing web page and type in the addresses of the places you intend to fly and determine if there are any Restricted Zones that you will not be able to fly in.
Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI
Good plan. Many thanks.

Welcome from Portland. Our family has beach house in Lincoln City, due west of Salem. I look forward to flying along the shore there also. Some pretty scenic small, rocky islands just off shore that hopefully will make some good footage and provide a backdrop for practicing video composition skills.
Cool. We typically stay in Pacific City but frequently drop south. We were staying at an RV park in Lincoln Beach last September and first saw the Mavic in action, filming whales with Active Track!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky