DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Los Angeles

Jorahzooma

Reactions
Hi everyone, new drone flyer here in Los Angeles, specifically Hollywood..just got my Mavic Pro today. Looking forward to flying it. One thing that concerns me is all the conflicting info about where I can and can't fly and hoping it doesn't ruin the fun for me! Any tips, greatly appreciated!!

Welcome from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy the forum.

Keep tabs on the FAA site for developments... and be sure to get your drone registered. You can do it here:

Most of your software can be dL here:

Finally read the entire full manual... the one in the box is very abbreviated. Get it here:

Welcome to the forum @Jorahzooma theres a search ? button, top right of page which if needed is a great help to finding answers quickly?

Enjoy the forum

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Go here: https://app.airmap.io/geo?34.054200,-118.372013,11.995085z
Zoom on an area of interest: If it's gray - you're okay - if it has color, look in the top-right corner for advisories.
I have been retained by the contractor to document the construction of a new home in Beverly Hills:
When you get your 107 license, there's a lot of this kind of work out there.

Hi everyone, new drone flyer here in Los Angeles, specifically Hollywood..just got my Mavic Pro today. Looking forward to flying it. One thing that concerns me is all the conflicting info about where I can and can't fly and hoping it doesn't ruin the fun for me! Any tips, greatly appreciated!!
Welcome. I am new as well. I am in Simi Valley so I have a little bit easier of a time finding places to fly then you will. There is an app B4UFLY Mobile App Update that can help you figure out where to fly. Plus the DJI app is pretty good about warning about no fly zones.

Go here: https://app.airmap.io/geo?34.054200,-118.372013,11.995085z
Zoom on an area of interest: If it's gray - you're okay - if it has color, look in the top-right corner for advisories.
I have been retained by the contractor to document the construction of a new home in Beverly Hills:
When you get your 107 license, there's a lot of this kind of work out there.

Thank you Len! How did you manage to get work? Does it pay well?

Thanks!

The man I work with is a Producer with Universal and has a lot of connections.
Yes, it pays well - but it takes time to get it all up and running.
Build yourself a good demo reel like these and get them out there on social media: Pegasus Aerial Images on Vimeo
Len

Reactions: Jorahzooma
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR